PDA

View Full Version : v1 upgraded to v2

mwalls54
July 14th, 2007, 05:00 AM
i have already upgraded to v2 and transfered 4 vins over to it and left one unused. what I am wanting to know is can i still use the used vins on the v1 cable to program? I had some one steal my v2 box and my buddy is going to let me use my old v1 that i sold him. but i wanted to make sure i can still use it before i have him ship it to me. Also when i get a new v2 can i transfer the vins once more over to the new v2 from my old V1 that i already transfered?

joecar
July 14th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Yes, you can use V1 to program those very same licenses.

You can only transfer licenses to a V2 if the V2 is an upgrade.

I pm'd Paul for further clarification.

Blacky
July 14th, 2007, 07:49 AM
If you replace your stolen V2 with an upgrade unit then you can re-transfer the used V1 licenses to your new V2.

Note: If you transfered any unused licenses from your V1 to your (now stolen) V2, then those unused licenses would have been marked and used in the V1 and can no longer be transferred to your new V2.

If and when you order a V2 replacement, put a comment on your order that your original one was stolen and that you are ordering a second upgrade for the same V1 unit. Otherwise EFILive will not allow a second upgrade to be issued for the same V1 cable. Also please supply the V1 unit's serial number.

Regards
Paul

joecar
July 14th, 2007, 08:54 AM
You should also let Paul know the serial number of the V2 that was stolen.

mwalls54
July 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM
yeah I have been talking to justin gadberry and he has turned in the old serial number so that if some one tries to order something from it. they didn't even take the usb cable or the obd2 cable. just the box.