PDA

View Full Version : Drivers for 64bit Vista?

rat_rod_russell
July 14th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Is there a plan for Drivers for the 64 bit system.

Yes i have Vista Ultimate 64 version, I have also have a 64 bit version of solid works for designing chassis at my shop here in Texas. and on the plus side I will never try to run a 3D rendering program in a 32 bit ever again. Costly yes worth it HELL YES.

I have a V1 flash scan (thinking about the V2) Is there a chance for a driver..... Please? I spent 3 day rebuilding the shop network and infastructer to work with the new sycronising system in vista (it hates other xp computer, go fig) and everything else works fine

No i didn't pay for all of that and not invest in a V2
I have a buddy at dell who got 4 copies he only needed 2 so i tweaked his camaro for the headers and ram air intake and he gave them to me with full office 2007 for both. 1 ecm for 2 vista OS's and 2 Office's, I thought it was a good deal.

Please Help I should have my 57 wired next week and it will need the laptop.
Russell
R^3

wait4me
July 15th, 2007, 04:06 AM
You can try this one.

wait4me
July 15th, 2007, 04:07 AM
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.02.04%20WHQL%20Certified.zip

rat_rod_russell
July 15th, 2007, 11:53 AM
It looks like the Driver is not compatible with the pdi protection on the FlashScan V1.2 I have.

Using USBView the manufacture numbers match up with it but i can't seem to find the product number in the driver file to change it so windows will take the driver for the FlashScan.

I'm going to play with it but if any one else here is adapt to modifying USB drivers to work please any help would be sweet.

It there driver support for the V2? Jesse you know I'll buy it from you like everything else I do.

Thanks
Russell
R^3

Tordne
July 15th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I pretty sure that 64bit drivers will not be available until the Version 8 software.

rat_rod_russell
July 15th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I pretty sure that 64bit drivers will not be available until the Version 8 software.
....... Seriously ........ I just spent 3 hours reinstalling my 15000 fonts and custom building my hard drive arrangements with speed disk, on top of the 3 days of setup learning the new system, driver searching (I built all 3 of my PC and my laptop so no one stop searching), and EFILive won't support my setup because why? As demanding of as it can be when one is running both the scan and tune, my battery life has been extended since I've installed vista on the laptop, and with the cheap price of the AMD platform with the processing power avalible you can get the job done faster with less loading time.

sorry, it seems with the 700 price tag on almost everything and the nature of the cars we're all working on there would be more people with newer technology looking for that edge in the work place and at home. there are seriously no plans, with only version 7.4 out, for support until version 8?

- R^3

joecar
July 15th, 2007, 05:08 PM
....... Seriously ........ I just spent 3 hours reinstalling my 15000 fonts and custom building my hard drive arrangements with speed disk, on top of the 3 days of setup learning the new system, driver searching (I built all 3 of my PC and my laptop so no one stop searching), and EFILive won't support my setup because why? As demanding of as it can be when one is running both the scan and tune, my battery life has been extended since I've installed vista on the laptop, and with the cheap price of the AMD platform with the processing power avalible you can get the job done faster with less loading time.

sorry, it seems with the 700 price tag on almost everything and the nature of the cars we're all working on there would be more people with newer technology looking for that edge in the work place and at home. there are seriously no plans, with only version 7.4 out, for support until version 8?

- R^3The FTDI driver was not developed by EFILive, so EFILive can't make it work with Vista 64...

You would have to go bark at these people: http://www.ftdichip.com/

:);):D:notacrook:

rat_rod_russell
July 15th, 2007, 05:14 PM
The FTDI driver was not developed by EFILive, so EFILive can't make it work with Vista 64...

You would have to go bark at these people: http://www.ftdichip.com/

:);):D:notacrook:

thanks, its Sunday so i couldn't get a hold of them but i will do so tomorrow and hit you guys back with the results. I might get a driver figured out yet :D

sorry if i sound pissy, I've spent 3-4 days in the office doing nothing but computer work when my little brother and father are both in the shop getting to work on the fun stuff, I want to play with the cars :bawl:

joecar
July 15th, 2007, 05:36 PM
No worries,... lol, PC administration (after my Mrs. unwittingly breaks something) puts me in a pissy mood... :D

Garry
July 16th, 2007, 04:30 AM
You installed Fishda and your battery life was EXTENDED? You must be kidding, either your XP system was seriously messed up, or you need to report that to M$ as a serious bug ... with the amount of CPU hogging that OS does, battery life usually goes down some 20-30% on average ...

Chevy366
July 16th, 2007, 06:38 AM

- R^3
Vista 32bit is supported , ain't nothing special been running for years , Linux and Mac have had it for years (64bit) MS just now getting to it , and not doing it very well ?
Dual boot Windows 32 and 64 or run VMware .

rat_rod_russell
July 16th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Vista 32bit is supported , ain't nothing special been running for years , Linux and Mac have had it for years (64bit) MS just now getting to it , and not doing it very well ?
Dual boot Windows 32 and 64 or run VMware .

that's beginning t look like my best option......

About the battery thing
I think it might be the software I'm running. the 64 bit solid works is what i've tested. Went to eat was playing some MP3's and drawing out some components and what would kill my battery in 45 minuets ran for well over an hour with a little power left over. Solidworks will rip a system up and i got even more work done. in the past on the XP setup it would lag and chop with the smooth running as it was i was just cruising along making parts.

grated, mine looks like 2000 and i went into the admin tools turned off some other stuff, and took almost all of the control away from windows

R^3

ScarabEpic22
August 31st, 2007, 12:32 PM
OK, what chip does V2 use so I can dl the right ones?