PDA

View Full Version : Boring, but functional dash

mnotx
May 30th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I have no imagination.

Blacky
May 31st, 2005, 08:49 AM
It's not boring it's a very functional dash, it gives an instant and intuitive visual comparison between parameters. It's one of the better dashboard configs I have seen.

Now if you want boring, just look at the ones that come with EFILive.

In fact that gives me an idea for a competition... (best 3 dash designs to be bundled with EFILive....stay tuned).

Paul

87gmc
May 31st, 2005, 08:55 AM
I like it care to share the files for that dash? :D

mnotx
May 31st, 2005, 10:40 AM

Sure. I can e-mail them to you. I would be happy to post them if someone could tell me how to go about it.

Send your e-mail address to me at mnotx@cox.net.

Blacky
May 31st, 2005, 10:45 AM

Sure. I can e-mail them to you. I would be happy to post them if someone could tell me how to go about it.

Send your e-mail address to me at mnotx@cox.net.

You should zip the following files (from My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash) into a single zip file:

Milt.vdp
Milt_A.vdp
Milt (folder)

Assuming all the gauges are stored in the theme called "Milt". If they are stored in some other theme (ie folder) then add that folder to the zip file instead of Milt.

Then attach the zip file the same way as you attached the image.

Regards
Paul

mnotx
May 31st, 2005, 11:25 AM
OK. I'll give this a try.

mnotx
May 31st, 2005, 11:28 AM
You guys let me know if it worked. I've never zipped and posted before.

Blacky
May 31st, 2005, 11:53 AM
You guys let me know if it worked. I've never zipped and posted before.

Perfect, I downloaded it unzipped it into the VDash folder and loaded the dash. Cool!

Paul

Blacky
May 31st, 2005, 11:57 AM
One thing I should mention, is this:

Each time you load in a previously recorded log file the dashboard that was current when the log file was saved will be reloaded. In order to change the dash associated with a log file you must:
- load the log file.
- load the dash you want.
- "Save as..." the log file.

By the way, the dash looks awesome when a log file is playing back.

Regards
Paul

mnotx
May 31st, 2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks! Glad it worked. Also, thanks for the tip on the default dash loading. I hadn't thought about doing a "save as" to change the dash. I've just been opening the log, then opening the new dash. Not exactly hard, but just another step that I don't have to do anymore.