PDA

View Full Version : Caution thread...my RR started to die in a strange way.

onfire
July 19th, 2007, 01:04 AM
FWIW It's an awesome tool and I can't wait to get it fixed. I'm tuning the old way now and it's so sloooooow compared to RR.

This is just a heads up incase yours starts to do the same thing. I "think" it's linked to leaving the RR in the car with the main battery disconnected as it has done this twice in the same situation.

I hook the main battery back up and the RR will not connect to the laptop. Does not rec USB, and some strange number codes....then after a while it connects like magic....but two things always happens...it sets a p1336 crank relearn code and the original tune that was in the RR is too lean to start the car....when you've driven on a tune for 3 months it can't overnight be too lean to start the car...

Then when I tried to clear the p1336 dtc the engine would die and not restart...had to reflash the RR. If I cleared the dtc with the engine off key on...the car would not restart until I reflashe the RR. Even did a crank relearn with EFI and the code would not clear....

Put my stock ecm in and had to change the tune that was running in the RR to get the engine to start.....good thing is the p1336 code is gone and I can scan/clear codes without the killing the engine or having to reflash the ECM.

This is a November 2006 RR.

Just an FYI.....can't wait to get mine back.

Doc
July 19th, 2007, 01:48 AM
That's strange. Sounds like (in my crude caveman terms) a memory problem of some sort. Or a pushed pin. Did you happen to notice when you had the scan tool connected if the correct VIN was displayed down at the bottom of the screen?

Just for the record, my Mar 06 RR is still kickn'. It's like a whore from Amsterdam- been with many, many Johns and still putting ear to ear smiles on faces.

onfire
July 19th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Correct vin was displayed. Don't realize how good the tool is till ya have to tune without it.

Cablebandit
July 19th, 2007, 04:27 AM
no doubt...i LOVE mine...hasny given me any probs YET....always connects etc. Now we know why my tune wouldnt start yours prolly.....

VT LS1 NZ
July 19th, 2007, 08:08 AM
I don't think its linked to disconnecting the battery .I always pull the quick disconnect off my battery after a drive and sometimes its 3 weeks before I reconnect and haven't had an issue.
My RR doesn't have a flash memory.