PDA

View Full Version : Cammed L76, What power should be expected.

Scoota
July 19th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Hi guys, I was just wondering what power some of you are getting out of a cammed L76, I did one the other day that needed very little tuning (Customer was also in a rush to go somewhere), Idle quality was good as it was only a mild stick, I don't have the spec's on me as they are at work. The power ended up at 376rwhp. Is that about average or is there more in these engines. Any thoughts.

Cheers Scotty.

TuneMaster
July 20th, 2007, 01:57 AM
I've tuned a few of these. I have seen different power outputs from 280 RWKW to 330 RWKW, thats 375 RWHP to 445 RWHP. Different combo's for different people. :cheers:

limited cv8r
July 20th, 2007, 02:12 AM
what methods are people taking to tune the L76. May have one soon,whats different to the LS1's in tuning them?

TuneMaster
July 20th, 2007, 12:12 PM
PM me your email and I'll send you a file. On stock motors with good exhaust and intake I have run these mafless. They run slightly richer than stoich at idle but the WOT fueling can be adjusted via PE to achieve 12.8.1. Timing and KR need to also be fine tuned. The most I've seen out of a stock motor has been a ute I did with big pipes and OTR intake that made 275 RWKW. When cammed MAF Frequency is what I adjust to achieved desired AFR. This will change soon as the EFI Live guys are working on a VE Table for E38 controllers. Can't wait. :rockon: