PDA

View Full Version : ASPARK question

mistermike
May 30th, 2005, 01:36 PM
I just completed switching over to a SD tune using the custom OS. Before logging, I forced the octane scaler to 100% to ensure that I was running the high octane spark table, defeated DFCO and PE for the log. Naturally, while logging, my ASPARK PID was at 100%.

The tune went well. :D I've actually got a much tighter LTFT map than I had using MAF, performance is improved, and KR is reduced. I even was able to push the high RPM timing a bit with no negative consequences. Idle needs a bit of work, but it's not too bad.

However, after disabling the forced scaler and returning PE and DFCO to normal, when logging I'm showing ASPARK at 0%. Wouldn't this be indicating that it's dropped to the low octane table in spite of the custom OS, or am I just missing something?

Delco
May 30th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I just completed switching over to a SD tune using the custom OS. Before logging, I forced the octane scaler to 100% to ensure that I was running the high octane spark table, defeated DFCO and PE for the log. Naturally, while logging, my ASPARK PID was at 100%.

The tune went well. :D I've actually got a much tighter LTFT map than I had using MAF, performance is improved, and KR is reduced. I even was able to push the high RPM timing a bit with no negative consequences. Idle needs a bit of work, but it's not too bad.

However, after disabling the forced scaler and returning PE and DFCO to normal, when logging I'm showing ASPARK at 0%. Wouldn't this be indicating that it's dropped to the low octane table in spite of the custom OS, or am I just missing something?

yes you are on the low octane spark map if the aspark is 0% , check to see how you disabled the octane scaler , did you disable it or set it to zero ?

GMPX
May 30th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Make sure A0002 is not set to 0, make sure that is set to 100.

Cheers,
Ross

mistermike
May 30th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Make sure A0002 is not set to 0, make sure that is set to 100.

Cheers,
Ross
That must be it. For logging, I set A0000 to enable and A0001 to 100. For running, I simply set A0000 to disable. I didn't think about A0002 being in play without A0000 enabled, but now the logic of it is perfectly clear.

I must say, I am entirely impressed with the thoughtfulness and performance of the tuner. Laying a calibration down in less than a minute is a joy. I'm eagerly anticipating getting a pair of LC-1's to take advantage of the auto tune capability. Now, if I can only find a stretch of level road where I can hit 6500 RPM in 4th gear... :shock: