PDA

View Full Version : What AFR in Boost?

zapp168
July 20th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I just started logging boost, it looks like I am running in the low 10's AFR in boost is that normal? The car does kind of sputter a bit in boost. I JUST went SD using CO3 and I am starting to play with the boost VE table. Thanks

kbracing96
July 20th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I like to shoot for around 11.5 in my truck. These motors don't like it to well if you get to lean in boost. Much over 12 and your risking denotation and broken pistons.

zapp168
July 22nd, 2007, 04:59 AM
I have been leaning it out 2% at a time, still in low 10's I think bottom of gauge reading will shoot for low 11's Thanks

VYSSLS1
July 22nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
what boost levels are u running, should be aiming for 11.6-11.9 AFR on boost

just dont run to much timing........

and u will want to change it more than 2% at a time, u will be there for a year.

Also are u running power enrichment as well, or just straight of the VE Boost table.

zapp168
July 23rd, 2007, 05:38 AM
I am running 10.2 - 10.5 . YES I am starting to notices takes ALOT of time @ 2 percent....LOL. I was just nervous about leaning it out and was not sure how much to jump at one time. I have not worked with the PE table yet, do you have any tips what to do in that area? I am running around 10* of timing in boost Main spark table is 13* with 3* retard on the boost table.

kbracing96
July 23rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Are you using the scanner and logging the BEN factor? That will tell you how rich each cell is compared to what the commanded AFR is. Sound to me like you need to get used to the scanner and use the maps a little more :)

Autotune works well on COS's and boosted motors if you start rich and lean them out.

zapp168
July 24th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Are you using the scanner and logging the BEN factor? That will tell you how rich each cell is compared to what the commanded AFR is. Sound to me like you need to get used to the scanner and use the maps a little more :)

Autotune works well on COS's and boosted motors if you start rich and lean them out.

I am logging BEN(2bar), AFR(2bar), and Knock retard what else would you feel that I need to set A/F and timing since I am after all still getting used to this?:)