PDA

View Full Version : semi closed loop

69camaro5speed
July 21st, 2007, 09:59 AM
i have done custom operating systems before but this ones killing i have tryed 3 differant operating systems cant get it to work.this is a 94 camaro with ls2 conversion using 99-2002 style computer.not sure what i am doing wrong to keep it out of closed loop heres 3 differant ones if i up load them right kidds waiting on dad to go eat lol

GMPX
July 22nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
You need to have anything but 14.63 in the B3647 table. When it see's 14.63 it will assume you want STFT. Try 14.60, that should keep it out of closed loop.

Also, make sure you go and manually enter 100 into the parameters A0001 & A0002, when they are out of range like that you can end up with unpredictable timing figures. Actually if you put 99.9% EFILive will round it up to 100 for you and ensure it is limited to 100.

Cheers,
Ross

69camaro5speed
July 22nd, 2007, 11:35 PM
ops i worded it back wards i cant get it to go into semi closed loop. like with custom opeating system 5 i posted.i tryed evey thing to get short turm fuel trims to work.i must be over looking some thing. i seen the A0001 & A0002 set to 100 and that being what the what it said to set it in step 6 tutorial didnt give it a though not thinking that 100 was the highest number and it was set higher. guess thats why said out of range lol guess now i know when it says out of range to lower the number even when it has the max number it still higher just cant see it. do you think thats why it wont go in to semi closed loop i tryed evey thing.i worked on it for 2 days and probly 35 reflashed just couldnt get the short turm fuel trims to work.i finaly give up and the customer picked his car up.has a big cam anyways and one o2 was dead so untill that was fixed had to stay into open loop. thanks sorry wasnt thinking when i wrote the other post after 2 days of trying to get the short trims working my head was on backwards lol

joecar
July 23rd, 2007, 03:59 AM
I'll look at it when I get home tonite...

joecar
July 23rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Need to get the out of range parameters in range.

VE table needs some work.

Otherwise I can't see why it won't go into semi-closed loop.

Post some logs showing actual AFR.

69camaro5speed
July 23rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
heres a log band 2 o2 looks dead.this has a big cam also ran fine in open loop so i let the guy have it that way after 35 flashes and 20 test drives i give up.also the motor was hurt first time he droped the car off it was smoking like crazy. then little later it locked up when he took it home. i will retune it after its fixed going to do a 402 for it.now looks like. yeah i misunstod the out of range undercontrol now will fix it thanks rich

69camaro5speed
August 11th, 2007, 07:42 AM
ok guess i need to give up on the semi closed lope some times it work some times it doesnt.worked last weekend on a tune.doing a differant car this weekend cant get it to work. anyone want to look at folder full of tunes and some logs i give up.guess not or the other tunes i posted on the last one would have gotten ansered never figured it out eather

joecar
August 11th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I can't figure it out either in your case.:nixweiss:

BTW: Your HO2S21 is flatlined.

Tordne
August 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Which tune is the one to look at (of the three)? I've just had an email from a guy about the same thing.

Tordne
August 11th, 2007, 10:29 AM
LOL the email is actually from 69camaro5speed :muahaha:.

I just sent you an email BTW.

69camaro5speed
August 11th, 2007, 02:56 PM
yeah thats me lol. the o2s arent working right thats another problem i have to fix some one has o2 extended wires. i had a tune i did last weekend with the same operating system but ones a truck others a ws6. the truck took right off in the semi closed loop.maped stft look great was like 3% avarage.ok will look at my e-mail thanks hope i figure out what i am doing wrong.

69camaro5speed
August 12th, 2007, 01:58 AM
ok simple problem i tryed like the tutorial said again. this time went for a drive and it took a little while afer it was at 14.63 afr but the semi closed loops working.i wasnt giving it time to work. i was thinking because even when you start it warm it takes a while for afr to get to 14.63 because of the other starting mods so i was thinking when it went to 14.63 it should work. not the case. on sum it does some it doesnt. if the cold start or starting modifiyers are done befor the delay timers it still doesnt go into semi closed loop. 2 things have to happen 14.63 comand and delay times over. hope this save some one a head ach.seems like the little stuff eats me lol thanks guys for the help