PDA

View Full Version : Tire change for track question

SSThunder
July 23rd, 2007, 07:38 AM
I want to run a lighter/smaller wheel at the track(245/70/17). do I just need to make changes on the tire size within my tune to adjust for the difference from stock wheels(305/40/22)?

Thanks, Jeremy

SSpdDmon
July 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM
Yes. Two things though:

1 - If it's an auto, I'd suggest saving the alternate tune seperately as it will affect your shift tables. You bounce those back and forth a couple of times and they may end up in a different spot from where you started. If it's an M6, then yes just enter in the new info.

2 - Calculated tire height is ok. Measured tire height is better. Break out your tape measure. ;)

SSThunder
July 24th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Yes. Two things though:

1 - If it's an auto, I'd suggest saving the alternate tune seperately as it will affect your shift tables. You bounce those back and forth a couple of times and they may end up in a different spot from where you started. If it's an M6, then yes just enter in the new info.

2 - Calculated tire height is ok. Measured tire height is better. Break out your tape measure. ;)

The tires will be for track only so I'll save the tune. How will this change my shift tables? I'll make suer to measure the wheels before entering the data into my tune.

SSpdDmon
July 24th, 2007, 02:14 AM
It'll change the shift tables for A4's by computing a % difference between your current tire and the new one. Then, you apply the change.