PDA

View Full Version : Radio Interference with RR ECM...

DuramaxPowered
July 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
I have had a problem with radio interference since I installed my RR ECM. Anyone else have this problem?

GMPX
July 23rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
What sort of interference?
Does it happen all the time?
I'd recheck the ECM connectors are in nice and tight (not too tight), sounds like a ground might be missing.

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
July 23rd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Could try spiral wound spark plug wires, like MSD Superconductor; they produce pretty much zero EM emissions.

DuramaxPowered
July 23rd, 2007, 11:04 PM
Could try spiral wound spark plug wires, like MSD Superconductor; they produce pretty much zero EM emissions.
Sorry, I should have said the vehicle is an LB7 Duramax.

joecar
July 24th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Sorry, I should have said the vehicle is an LB7 Duramax.lol... I suspected that, but I went ahead anyway... :cheers:

DuramaxPowered
July 24th, 2007, 09:00 AM
What sort of interference? Radio stations that used to come in clearly are don't have clear reception anymore. I have put my stock ECM back in and the radio is fine with it in, the problem only happens with the RR installed.

Does it happen all the time? Yes, if using RR ECM. :nixweiss:

I'd recheck the ECM connectors are in nice and tight (not too tight), sounds like a ground might be missing.

Everything is properly connected.

Cheers,
Ross

Hopefully we can figure this out........:cheers:

DrX
August 11th, 2007, 02:29 AM
I have had issues with my radio reception recently as well. Seems worst around 92 FM. But I think it is there across the band. Never related it to the RR though. Haven't tried putting the stock PCM back in yet.

Camaro SS
August 13th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I also have issues with radio reception when using my RR also. I can put my factory PCM in and my radio reception is much better. I noticed that when I shut the car off once everything drops out except the radio keeps playing as long as the door isn't opened the reception gets much better. I do have MSD plug wires.

DuramaxPowered
August 13th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I am thinking that it is not an ignition problem since I have the problem on my Duramax Diesel. I'm going to call Craig Moates and ask him if he knows what to do to fix the problem.