PDA

View Full Version : Torque Management

Black02SS
June 1st, 2005, 02:40 PM
This is a dumb question, but I have to ask it anyway. To remove tq mgt. completely, is all we have to do is zero out the D0801-D0803 fields?

Torque Reduction 1->2 Shift
Torque Reduction 2->3 Shift
Torque Reduction 3->4 Shift

:(

Tydriver
June 1st, 2005, 03:23 PM
I'd like to know this as well, I ~~thought~~ I had everything removed related to torque management but Blacky (I think it was him) posted something about logging a specific PID (cant recall exactly which one it is offhand since I am not near my laptop).. But when I did that, its still showing spark being removed..

A definititive answer on disabling abuse mode and torque management would be awesome !!

TIA..

87gmc
June 6th, 2005, 03:00 PM
ttt i want info also

BowlingSS
June 8th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Here is what I did using LS1Edit a year or more ago:

To remove TM using LS1Edit, click the following tabs and tables.

1. Transmission -> A4 Shift Firmness -> Torque Reduction...Fill the whole table with zero's

2. Trans Calibration -> A4 Shift Firmness -> Upshift Torque Reduction...Fill the whole table with zero's

3. Engine -> Ignition -> Max Torque...Set it to 639,

4. Engine -> Ignition -> Torque Reduction...Fill the whole table with zero's

It should be close in FlashScan.

Bill

dfe1
June 8th, 2005, 01:04 PM
It's also a good idea to set Transmisison Torque Reduction (D0301) to "Disable". It's in the Abuse tab under Transmission, Torque Reduction.

BowlingSS
June 9th, 2005, 08:47 AM
It's also a good idea to set Transmisison Torque Reduction (D0301) to "Disable". It's in the Abuse tab under Transmission, Torque Reduction.
I just looked at mine and the Abuse Mode Torque Reduction is set to all 0's so it is the same as setting D0301 to "Disable".

Thanks.

Bill

ytry
May 13th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Has anyone got any KR from removing torque management? I have been trying to remove it from my 2002 chevy ex cab, and it hit 8.0 KR? so I put it back to stock.. If anyone can help out that would be great thanks..

Tydriver
May 13th, 2006, 02:05 PM
FWIW, I had a bad knock issue with my '02 Silverado 5.3L when I bought it. Coming from a forced induction background its almost always the ignition system thats causing a problem if there are no other factors. As a result I pulled a couple of plugs and was horrified with what I saw..

All 8 of the plugs had a different gap and looked like this :
http://www.turbols6.com/albums/silverado/aav.jpg

But hey, atleast they were all the same brand name (thats about the only good thing I can say.. ) just something to check.. I replaced them and lost virtually all knock.. I also tightened the gap to .045 instead of the stock .060. Just food 4 thought.....

Has anyone got any KR from removing torque management? I have been trying to remove it from my 2002 chevy ex cab, and it hit 8.0 KR? so I put it back to stock.. If anyone can help out that would be great thanks..

Wasted Income
May 17th, 2006, 11:59 AM
TTT, I tuned a buddy's truck (reduced torque management, and eliminated abuse management) but it still seems doggy when punching it from a dig...any ideas??

BackinBlack02SS
May 18th, 2006, 09:44 AM
What about for M6 cars?

purrvert
May 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Anyone seen torque management at idle?

tblu92
April 16th, 2007, 02:36 PM

I would think that the 8* is not KR but is spark retard used by the traction control system ---Or the Rev Limiter system. ----If the rev limiter is enabled to work along with TQ mgmt & spark retard rather than the ETC in the Rev limiting mode.

goldbergv95
December 15th, 2008, 02:38 AM
what if we're about to purchase an upgrade FLT trans, I heard you have to change the line pressure back to stock. can someone fill out the details out to do this when TM is 0?