PDA

View Full Version : 1000Hp GTO anyone?

GMPX
July 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Video link is on the main page -
www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com)

Cheers,
Ross

Biggsy
July 25th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Awsome! well done DC!

mistermike
July 25th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Damn impressive. On the world's stingiest dyno, too.

TAQuickness
July 25th, 2007, 11:46 PM
1000+ HP daily driver... Must be nice. Can't wait for my twins to show up :D

:bawl: I couldn't get the video link to work for me :bawl:

gto_in_nc
July 26th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Oh my! <Paris> That's hot. </Paris>

Amazing! Does it have a quarter-mile time yet?

Biggsy
July 26th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Oh my! <Paris> That's hot. </Paris>

Amazing! Does it have a quarter-mile time yet?

Geez, probably not a very good time, you'd smoke it the whole way down the track!

joecar
July 26th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Good job. :cheers:

mistermike
July 26th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I'm pretty impressed it held traction on the rollers. Some folks have unkind things to say about dual roller dynos, but then I've seen Dynojets break loose at under 600 HP with a only modest wear on the roller. I wonder if that dyno has a pull-down.

johnsZ06
July 26th, 2007, 08:41 AM
That would make a nice grocery getter for sure! :Eyecrazy:

cme265
July 26th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty impressed it held traction on the rollers. Some folks have unkind things to say about dual roller dynos, but then I've seen Dynojets break loose at under 600 HP with a only modest wear on the roller. I wonder if that dyno has a pull-down.
i agree, very impressive, my car only put down 470 RWHP on a dynojet(with a crappy tune, which is why i bought EFILIVE, much, much happier now:rockon: ) and on the last pull, smoke was rollin off of the tires.......but very impressive numbers.....:cheers:

GMPX
July 26th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I guess Daniel might chime in if he gets a chance but you try find some street legal tyres that will hold 1000Hp on a real road covered in stones and dust!, would sure be a handful at any speed I would think.
AFAIK it's not ventured to a track yet, the project was only recently completed.

Cheers,
Ross

Tre-Cool
July 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM
http://chipmaster.com.au/ftp/2gto.JPG

http://chipmaster.com.au/ftp/GTO%20engine.JPG

I have one log when we made 1017hp where the boost pushed my foot off the accelerator so we only saw 55% throttle at the end
http://chipmaster.com.au/ftp/1017hp.JPG

Crazy? Me thinks so. :lol:

Delco
July 26th, 2007, 11:22 PM
This car was a really fun toy to tune , it kept pullling the dyno dynamics bed out of the floor in the shot above , I did over 20 passes during tuning all over 1000hp , was a little hairy watching the screen , and looking in the rear vision to see how far out of the rollers it was coming so it didnt go too far out as the straps stretch.

It is held down into the centre of the rollers but it causes the straps to stretch a fair bit.

Was a pretty interesting week getting ready for that show , we did nine cars that ranged from 700 hp up to 1000+hp - can say I was as happy as a pig in shit :)

The engine is a new 427 LSX bloc with a fairly small cam and a V7 blower which we have maxed out at 18 psi.

To put the hp in perspective for you yanks that is approx 1200 rwhp on a dynojet :)

All tuning was done with a Roadrunner , dual PLX widebands running on a custom OS and using a driver box to drive the low impedance injectors.

Idles and drives like a stocker until you touvh the accelerator pedal , we were wheelspinning on 5th gear roll ons at over 140 clicks :)

mistermike
July 27th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I linked to this over on the GTO board. Did that dyno have a hold down? I've seen Dynojets break traction under 700 RWHP until you piled a couple of guys in the trunk.

Delco
July 27th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I linked to this over on the GTO board. Did that dyno have a hold down? I've seen Dynojets break traction under 700 RWHP until you piled a couple of guys in the trunk.

Car is strapped down from the lower control arms straight down between the 2 rollers , gets very good grip there unlike a dynojet that juust has a jesus strap to hold it in the centre.

Have a good look on the video of the tyre distortion it is strapped that hard :)

If you look closely on the dyno setup I was tuning on there is a extra couple of straps holding the dyno into the ground as it was pulling the whole bed out of the ground the torque was so much :notacrook:

Garry
July 28th, 2007, 02:36 AM
wow!

mistermike
July 28th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Car is strapped down from the lower control arms straight down between the 2 rollers , gets very good grip there unlike a dynojet that juust has a jesus strap to hold it in the centre.

Have a good look on the video of the tyre distortion it is strapped that hard :)

If you look closely on the dyno setup I was tuning on there is a extra couple of straps holding the dyno into the ground as it was pulling the whole bed out of the ground the torque was so much :notacrook:
Yep. Dynojets can get buck wild sometimes. Mustang dynos, popular over here, have an option for a hydraulically actuated pull-down. Sometimes overzealous operators blow tires pulling them down a bit too much.

TAQuickness
July 28th, 2007, 04:48 AM
we were wheelspinning on 5th gear roll ons at over 140 clicks :)

:cheers: That's gotta leave a tingle in the pants

Biggsy
July 28th, 2007, 02:27 PM
:cheers: That's gotta leave a tingle in the pants

That'd probably leave a few things in the pants!

VYSSLS1
August 1st, 2007, 05:23 AM
Top Effort Dan.

2002_z28_six_speed
August 4th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I have ran Dyno Dynamics before. The numbers seemed very low. This car WAY cleared 1000 HP.

You loose alot of power on those rollers!

johnsZ06
August 6th, 2007, 02:35 AM
How is crankcase pressure vented on a car with that much boost and is there ever any worry of blowing crankshaft seals?

mistermike
August 6th, 2007, 11:18 AM
How is crankcase pressure vented on a car with that much boost and is there ever any worry of blowing crankshaft seals?
LSX is iron and doesn't have nearly the blowby problems of an aluminum block. Traditional LS1 / 2 will lift the dipstick before there's any danger to seals. Usually a big breather in place of the oil filler cap will allow any pressure to vent. Works fine as long as you're not using a MAF.

Delco
August 6th, 2007, 11:33 AM
We uses a proper venting system with one way valves , a filler car that also lifts under crancase pressure , a catchcan and full breathers to the valley plate.

We dont have any issues with any of our blown LS1/x combo's

1meangto
August 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
The twin screw looks awesome almost makes me rethink my 91 mm turbo.

Delco
August 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM
The twin screw is awesome , doesnt make the numbers like the Vortech or turbo does but drives so much nicer due to the instant boost and hige low down grunt.

His a a shot of my current 3.3L setup on my Monaro , only good for 700 hp though and 10.2@140mph in street trim :rockon:

http://chipmaster.com.au/Monaro/3.3whipple_direct.JPG