PDA

View Full Version : Scan and errors

eboggs_jkvl
July 26th, 2007, 03:08 AM
My scan of my e38 tossed 2 errors during scan and some unusual data. I saved each error and generated an error report after I was done scanning.

My ECT temps crashed to -40f during the run along with my LTFTs going to -100 and staying there.

Obviously I did something incorrectly during my scan so if you would be so kind as to show me the error of my ways, I'll straighten up and try it again.

a first error during run
b second error during run
c generated error report after viewing entire scan data.

Well, I would have loaded the text files but I got this on file a:

07262007a.txt:
Your file of 1.12 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 250.0 KB for this filetype.
Does the txt attachment size need to be increased? It won't let me attach the error txt files.

Elmer

Forgot to add: my software is the latest version that came out on the 22nd. My Interface is also current on the V2.
(http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5781)

joecar
July 26th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Elmer, email the txt file to Paul.

eboggs_jkvl
July 26th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Elmer, email the txt file to Paul.

I'll do that.

Elmer

ntae
July 26th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I have a $31 error when logging a E38 with the pids from the drop down box

Doc
July 26th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Have you tried just running the preconfigured PIDS / Dashpage that came with the update? And then just add other PIDS one by one just to rule out an PID that could be causing this?

eboggs_jkvl
July 26th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Rain screwed up my very scientific plan this evening. I'll strip my PIDs down and add them until it works/fails. The PID setup I have running is my "standard". The only difference is I usually have MPG also running as a "field". It really should work with the ones selected. I've sent all 3 error files to Paul.

eboggs_jkvl
July 27th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Went out today and had more errors on scanning. I'll wait for the response now.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
July 27th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Paul? Did you get the files?

eboggs_jkvl
July 27th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Damn Corvette! Too exotic for me! ECT at 192f and then 1 frame later -40f.

RPM 0, VSS 60 MPH.

Goodness!

eboggs_jkvl
July 29th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Just tell me what PID not to scan so it'll stop locking up. I'll be glad to block the PID.

eboggs_jkvl
August 2nd, 2007, 01:26 AM
:cough:

joecar
August 2nd, 2007, 04:43 AM
You might have to email Paul again to get his attention... :)

eboggs_jkvl
August 2nd, 2007, 06:25 AM
Whan I PMd him last week, he said he'd try and look at the error messages before MOnday.

Just now I asked which Monday did you have in mind? :cheers:;)

ntae
August 2nd, 2007, 10:11 AM
Hi i had a play last night and got the scaning working the problem was in the speed i was logging .

eboggs_jkvl
August 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM
25 selected pids, 24 channels, speed? How does one confirm the speed of the data transfer?

joecar
August 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
25 selected pids, 24 channels, speed? How does one confirm the speed of the data transfer?Edit->Properties->Logging and look in the upper right.

eboggs_jkvl
August 2nd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Ok, It says "Stream Fast" as scan mode.

eboggs_jkvl
August 6th, 2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/bump.gif

eboggs_jkvl
August 17th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I'm still having issues.

I tried to update the USB drivers, it said I had the latest.

This is a new PCM and NEW OS flashed.

I could use some help with this. Here's the scan until it crashed. I'll e-mail the error file to Paul.

ntae
August 17th, 2007, 11:50 AM
when your logging have you looked at the PC ( windows Task Manager ) to see the CPU usage & memory it could be maxing out

eboggs_jkvl
August 17th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I have a 2 gig processor and 1 gig of RAM in my laptop.

ntae
August 17th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I have a 2 gig processor and 1 gig of RAM in my laptop.

ok

but i read or was told there was a problem where the software was maxing out the ram or cpu and the scaning was stoping , an easy test would be to scan & watch the task manager at the same time just to count that out

eboggs_jkvl
August 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
ok

but i read or was told there was a problem where the software was maxing out the ram or cpu and the scaning was stoping , an easy test would be to scan & watch the task manager at the same time just to count that out I was watching. I maxed out at 4% on the CPU and 70% on the other. I don't think that is the problem but it was worth a shot.

Here's another run tonight. My ECT goes to -40F when the error strikes.

Well shit, the file is 1.2 megs and the site says its too large of a file.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
August 18th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Got a request from Paul to adjust the properties, playback on the scantool. I was at 4-1-1 on the refresh data. I tried it 4-4-4 and got a very long scan but it gave me a "notice" that it stopped logging because it exceeded something in the properties table and that was it. I didn't get the horizontal blue bar creating the "error Log" this time. It simply said "I'm stopping now" and that was it. All of my other errors jammed up and the ECT went to -40 F and froze up and then I got the blue bar creating an error log.

eboggs_jkvl
August 18th, 2007, 10:52 AM
OK, we have a chance on this now. I got the log to run and it topped out at 50K frames. With direction from Paul, I simply increased that default number in the "Logging" area and should now be able to do long logs of the car.

Goodness, I feel better now.

Thank you Paul.

Elmer