PDA

View Full Version : c5 corvette - F45 suspension removal

robiwan
July 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I want to replace my f45 suspension with coil over shocks, so I will have to trick or delete from the computer the suspension firmware. Does anybody have simple, step by step instructions on how to do this?
TAI, Robi

robiwan
August 2nd, 2007, 06:47 AM
nobody ehe????

:help2:

SSpdDmon
August 2nd, 2007, 06:54 AM
https://www.casperselectronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Corvette

robiwan
August 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks SSpdDmon! I have seen those before, but that is the best price so far. I was hoping to save the money and program it out myself. That is the backup if I can't do it, or find someone to do it cheaper than the SIMMs.
Robi

SSpdDmon
August 2nd, 2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks SSpdDmon! I have seen those before, but that is the best price so far. I was hoping to save the money and program it out myself. That is the backup if I can't do it, or find someone to do it cheaper than the SIMMs.
Robi
No problem. I don't know if you can tune it out. That's why I posted the link.

robiwan
August 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
I found this on another site, so it appears that Tech II tool can do it.
http://www.stopforce.com/RPO.html
I was hoping EFI could also.
Robi

joecar
August 2nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
EFILive does powertrain controller only.

robiwan
August 3rd, 2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks Joecar. Now I know.
Dealerships around here are pretty stupid, so this is gonna be fun.
Maybe simms are the right way or resistors???

2002_z28_six_speed
August 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks Joecar. Now I know.
Dealerships around here are pretty stupid, so this is gonna be fun.
Maybe simms are the right way or resistors???

From what you saw on the Tech2's screen you should be able to either guide them or do it yourself. I have convinced the dealer to let handle me the Tech2 part before. Why not try?

robiwan
August 6th, 2007, 06:55 AM
2002 z28, u r right, all they can say is no, or I have no idea what you are talking about - which was the first response I got from the local dealer.