PDA

View Full Version : Getting trans segement into COS3

turboberserker
July 30th, 2007, 05:07 AM
I've been running COS3 for a while with a 2bar SD tune.

I recently converted to a 4L80E, and have a same-as-my-stock OS tun file with the 80E segement written in. Is it as easy as upgrading the .tun file to COS#3 and then copying the trans segement into my existing COS3 tune?

When I press the "upgrade OS" tab on the 80E tune, the upgrade button is greyed out and there are no COS in the box? This is a new way to upgrade for me (did mine back when it was still a read/write process).

Edit: one of the things I don't understand is how copying the segment into the stock OS and then overwriting that OS with COS3 will preserve the 80E segement? Are the COSs not full rewrites? Do they keep the existing trans segments for convenience?

kbracing96
July 30th, 2007, 07:41 AM
I've been running COS3 for a while with a 2bar SD tune.

I recently converted to a 4L80E, and have a same-as-my-stock OS tun file with the 80E segement written in. Is it as easy as upgrading the .tun file to COS#3 and then copying the trans segement into my existing COS3 tune?

When I press the "upgrade OS" tab on the 80E tune, the upgrade button is greyed out and there are no COS in the box? This is a new way to upgrade for me (did mine back when it was still a read/write process).

Edit: one of the things I don't understand is how copying the segment into the stock OS and then overwriting that OS with COS3 will preserve the 80E segement? Are the COSs not full rewrites? Do they keep the existing trans segments for convenience?

Erik,

That's how I would do it. I belive that the only OS's they have setup with the 1 click button for upgrade to COS are for the E38 and E67 or something like that. All the older PCM are still a manual prosses, but maybe some day they will be 1 click...

turboberserker
July 30th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Cool -- thanks bud.

I'm assuming from your response and from reading Thunder's post the trans stuff does translate to the new COS. That's pretty slick...