PDA

View Full Version : need some help

1meangto
July 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM
i have an 06 gto that was tuned with ls2edit and the performance shop where it was tuned says they didnt lock the pcm, but efilive will not allow me to download the tune out of the pcm and the v2 is already licenced for the car. the pcm is a e40. does anybody know why this would be? thanks

kbracing96
July 31st, 2007, 01:01 AM
From what I've read, LS2Edit locks ALL PCM's it modifies. It's not a choice. You need to have the shop put it back to stock for you, then you should be able to download the tune.

Doc
July 31st, 2007, 02:31 AM
Strange how you could license it, but not be able to read it???

1meangto
July 31st, 2007, 01:27 PM
No it was previously licensed. He had purchased efilive originally but could not figure out how to use it and did not want to hurt anything. He gave me the v2 to use for my 05 ls2. Well he's had alot of trouble with his proffesional tune that he has gotten. At idle the car has a 13.4:1 afr for example. Or you can take his R bank ltft -21 and L bank ltft-18 as a tune issue. What he really wants is efilive for when he sprays so he can pull the timing back to 19*. But either way you look at it the tuner he used which is a pretty popular reputable twin cities company SUCKS.

1meangto
August 1st, 2007, 07:38 AM
I did get the ecm unlocked by the original tuner today and yes I can read the tune!!!!