PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure sensors

IdahoRob
July 31st, 2007, 01:35 AM
My wife's 06 suburban has a faulty tire pressure sensor. We don't want to go through the hassle of dealer (aftermarket tires/wheels) and would just like to disable tire sensors all together.

I didn't see anywhere that this is an option in the tune, but I'm an idiot with gas stuff. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

SSpdDmon
July 31st, 2007, 01:53 AM
It may be a part of the BCM. I believe the C5/C6 cars sometimes opt for simulators. But, I'm not 100% on that.

JAY4SPEED
July 31st, 2007, 02:08 PM
The tire pressure monitoring system for that year and model is monitored by the passenger door module. The same module that works your key less entry and all functions of the passenger door. To disable it, that would require a Tech 2 and access to Tis2web and a module re-flash.

You won't find a dealer (including me) that will disable the system for you, too many liability issues, besides it will be a federally mandated safety feature soon on all new vehicles.

However, I've changed TPS sensors in aftermarket rims for customers before (not under warranty). I guess that would be up to that service department's policy. Wouldn't hurt to call up and ask. You could always get your rim shop to install it for you and I can give you the run down on how to program it.

Jay

duramaximizer
June 25th, 2008, 01:35 AM
So I take it I can't disable this on a vette either? I have access to a tech2. Is it possible to do with a tech2?