PDA

View Full Version : No connection

jannes_z-28
August 1st, 2007, 04:12 AM
I have a 69 Camaro with an LS1/T56 from a 2001 Camaro in it. I have now a problem were I can not connect to the PCM. Efi Live says that it cannot connect to the PCM and try to turn off ignition and so on.

I have tried with another scandevice to se if anything is wrong with my cable or Flashscan and it didn't work either.

So how can I go forward in my search for faults. The pins 2 & 16 on the connector has voltage when ignition is on. Pin 16 has voltage when ignition is off as expected.

The connectors Pin 2 is connected to the C230 plug pin K.

Since I have voltage on Pin2 doesn't that mean I have signal?

I should also say that the engine is working and runs OK.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jan

joecar
August 1st, 2007, 05:09 AM
I believe you also need ground connections on pins 4 and 5.

jannes_z-28
August 1st, 2007, 06:15 AM
Yes, they are of course connected to ground.

Jan

joecar
August 1st, 2007, 06:52 AM
Here are the PCM circuit diagrams for 2001 F-body...

87623186.gif shows the DLC connections...

Do you have anything else connected to circuit 1049...?

jannes_z-28
August 1st, 2007, 07:12 AM
It is connected like that schematic.

I have had connection before and made a scan with Efi Live. I did also some changes like removing VATS and the O2 sensors after the cats before I started it the first time. Then everything worked as expected.

Now it doesn't.

Since I have voltage on Pin2 I assume there is a signal, or?

Jan

joecar
August 1st, 2007, 08:35 AM
It is connected like that schematic.

I have had connection before and made a scan with Efi Live. I did also some changes like removing VATS and the O2 sensors after the cats before I started it the first time. Then everything worked as expected.

Now it doesn't.

Since I have voltage on Pin2 I assume there is a signal, or?

JanIt's hard to say because the signal is VPW (variable pulse width squarewave)...

If you have a scopemeter, you could see if it was a steady voltage (bad, maybe shorted, or bad PCM) or a variable square-like waveform (good).

jannes_z-28
August 1st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Ok thanks,

I'll try to find a scope and see how it looks.

Jan