PDA

View Full Version : IAT sensor

Chevy366
August 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Wanted to remove my MAF completely but need IAT sensor (5 wire MAF) , found this , MSD-2320 IAT sensor .
Anyone used the MSD or have any other ideas ?

TIA

GMPX
August 2nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
I'm sure 'somewhere' there was a company selling a 5wire to 2wire IAT sensor patch harness, that way you just need to find the older style IAT sensor.

Cheers,
Ross

ntae
August 2nd, 2007, 10:47 PM
GM part numbers from a c5 Fbody

air temp sensor 12160244
sensor grommet 24504388

the plug for the sensor
http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/ls2_pigtails.aspx

Geoff

mistermike
August 3rd, 2007, 12:40 AM
Vector Motorsports in Detroit makes a "heat soak reduction kit" which allows you to divorce the IAT from the MAF sensor. It comes with a harness adapter and an IAT sensor that has a different thermistor with a much faster response time than the OEM sensor.

kbracing96
August 3rd, 2007, 01:27 AM
I have that sensor installed in my truck. It works just fine. Clipped the brown and black wire going to the MAF and soldered then to the pig tail for the new sensor and works great!

Chevy366
August 3rd, 2007, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the replays everyone , just what I was looking for .
kbracing96 , I did read that the MSD-2320 has faster response than stock , was thinking about same thing , cut and put a male and female 2 wire Weather Pack connector on the Brown and Black wire of the MAF so I could unplug or reconnect if so wanted the IAT sensor on the original MAF sensor (can't find 5 wire male plug to match MAF plug) .
The GM C5 part numbers are handy also , thanks .
The Vector kits are 99 bucks , the MSD-2320 is 16 bucks and comes with connector .
Here is what someone said the GTO crowd uses , http://www.omega.com/pptst/44000_THERMIS_ELEMENTS.html

Thanks

mistermike
August 3rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Omega is pretty good. Noticeably faster than stock.Vector is a little faster still, and it's plug and play for people who don't like cutting and splicing. Most DIY'ers are going to use the Omega.