PDA

View Full Version : RTACS and boost VE?

DrX
August 3rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
Anybody able to use RTACS on the boost VE table? I can't get it to update anything over 105 kPa. I had the filters set to ignore everything below 105 kPa, turned off all other filters. Still a no go. Had a good chance to use this in the Black Hills area but couldn't get it to work.

Might not get back to the forum for a couple of days.

Thanks

dc_justin
August 3rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
Anybody able to use RTACS on the boost VE table? I can't get it to update anything over 105 kPa. I had the filters set to ignore everything below 105 kPa, turned off all other filters. Still a no go. Had a good chance to use this in the Black Hills area but couldn't get it to work.

Might not get back to the forum for a couple of days.

Thanks

Check out your cal_link.txt file. Look in the Program Files/EFILive/V7/Configuration folder. Search for the item A0007. If you don't see your WB linked into the .RRR line item, then you'll want to add it there.

DrX
August 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Check out your cal_link.txt file. Look in the Program Files/EFILive/V7/Configuration folder. Search for the item A0007. If you don't see your WB linked into the .RRR line item, then you'll want to add it there.

Do you mean A0009, or both A0007 and A0009? There is no A0007 in my Custom OS. Anyway, it was linked to both A0007 and A0009 in the Custom OS section of the cal_link.txt file in the above folder, but only to A0009 in the My Documents/EFILive/V7/User Configuration folder. Not sure if that folder is even used by EFILive anymore?

DrX
August 6th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Should add that it does update the BoosVE table, but only the 105 kPA column. Boost and BEN factor log OK for everything above that.

Avengence
September 1st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Should add that it does update the BoosVE table, but only the 105 kPA column. Boost and BEN factor log OK for everything above that.

I'm having the same problem. Main VE table works great with RTACS but Boost VE table is completely ignored except for the overlapping 105 kPa column. This isn't the only thread I've found with this question and same answers, but ending with a "doesn't work."

So, has anyone gotten RTACS working with the full boost VE table?

DrX
September 3rd, 2007, 07:48 AM
Thought I had it working, so I gave it a try this weekend. Soon noticed that the 105 column was being updated with everything below 105 kPa when I was out of boost. Even with the filters set to ignore everything below 105 kPa. So I tried setting the filter to ignore everything below 115 kPa. The 105 Kpa column was still being updated continuously???

Might have something to do with the filter selection. Seems to me that SAE Map often disappears from the selection box when I minimize it or close the RR Control Panel(haven't paid that close attention to exactly when this happens). When I maximize it again the box is blank. This was in the 4th box down in filter set 1. The parameters in the other boxes seem to stick OK.

wait4me
September 3rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
Hi guys,

I had to write in the RRR stuff also for it to work, there was one callink that was in the program files efilive v7 folder. That one is what made the change that worked.

just do a search for cal_link on your computer and make sure they all match. :V

billyjo
October 29th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Hey guys,

Did anyone ever get this worked out or is it something that the RR is not capable of doing?

Bill

DrX
October 31st, 2007, 12:09 PM
I just tried it again. Now I can't get RTACS working anywhere. All tables just say RTACS is not active.:frown:

Here is my cal_link.txt file

VT LS1 NZ
October 31st, 2007, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

Did anyone ever get this worked out or is it something that the RR is not capable of doing?

Bill

To answer your question, RTAC's works on my Boost VE table(A0009)

DrX
October 31st, 2007, 03:40 PM
To answer your question, RTAC's works on my Boost VE table(A0009)

Is your cal_link.txt setup any differently than mine(other than brand of wideband)? Ignore the cranking VE, I just copied and pasted that line today and didn't clean it up.

I've had RTACs working before but the Boost VE table was not updating properly. Anybody see anything that I need to change to get it working again.

I believe that I have applied some updates since I last used the RTACs.

VT LS1 NZ
October 31st, 2007, 08:04 PM
I don't see anything wrong with your cal_link.txt setup .
I haven't checked with the lastest release 7.5.
I've had issues with that release vehicle speed sensor is not reading correctly.Ive found issues with the .dll file.
I'll test it for you and let you know.

Is your Map Sensor working correctly?

Darren

billyjo
November 1st, 2007, 01:35 AM
VT LS1 NZ, is there any chance you can post your cal_link.txt so that we can take a look at it? Did you have to add a line to get it to reference A0009?

Bill

DrX
November 1st, 2007, 01:54 AM
I don't see anything wrong with your cal_link.txt setup .
I haven't checked with the lastest release 7.5.
I've had issues with that release vehicle speed sensor is not reading correctly.Ive found issues with the .dll file.
I'll test it for you and let you know.

Is your Map Sensor working correctly?

Darren

The sensor is reading boost OK.

VT LS1 NZ
November 1st, 2007, 08:08 AM
VT LS1 NZ, is there any chance you can post your cal_link.txt so that we can take a look at it? Did you have to add a line to get it to reference A0009?

Bill

Ive attached the cal_link.txt file its no different that what others have posted but hey here it is anyway.

Cheers
Darren

billyjo
November 12th, 2007, 07:03 AM
I've added a line to reference A0009 but it's still not updating, is there anything else I need to add?

Bill

DrX
November 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Do you have a line with your WB in it for A0007 as well?

Not that mine works since V7.5. But that seemed to help before. Don't ask me why because there is is no A0007 in my OS.

billyjo
November 13th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Yes I do have that line as well. I copied A0007 and changed it to A0009 so that everthing is the same between the 2 lines.

I'm also running 02020003 but I'm still on version 7.4 but the same for me, there isn't A0007 in mine either.

Bill

billyjo
November 14th, 2007, 01:42 AM
This might be a dumb question but could it be because I have just one map set up for both? I mean should I have 1 map for the main VE and one map for boost VE?

Bill

DrX
November 14th, 2007, 02:18 AM
RTACS is independent of the MAPs. All that matters is that you have the correct PIDs selected and that the Scan Tool is actively logging.

I have always used a single MAP(0 - 2XX kPa) otherwise the 105 kPa column gets all screwed up.

billyjo
November 14th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Well I tried using it tonight and when I enabled the boost VE table I got what I think that DrX is getting and it only updated the 105 column and it was updating this column at idle so I turned it off.

DrX
November 14th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Sounds like what happened to me. It was updating the 105kPa column with everything below boost. Same thing that happens if you make a BEN Map for boost only that starts at 105kPa. It does not ignore the stuff below 105kPA.

billyjo
November 16th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Yesterday I tried a few other things, first I copied the cal_link from VT LS1 NZ over and it made no difference. Then I tried applying a variety of different filters. I could get it to stop updating the 105 KPA row but I couldn't get it to update anything above there either. What am I doing wrong???

DrX
November 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I still have no RTACS period("RTACS is NOT active"). Could be a bug in V7.5.1

Don't know if anything here will help you:
http://www.moates.net/documentation.php?documentation_id=33

billyjo
November 16th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the input, but today I had some good news a break through if you will. I finally got the boost VE (A0009) to update. I'm not sure what did it, I went through the cal_link.txt files and deleted the back up VE tables that aren't applicable to COS3 and I also deleted all of the WB listed except the one I'm using.

Something else I noticed on my short drive, and I haven't had enough time to confirm is if I had RTACS ENABLED in the the boost VE (A0009) AND NOT ENABLED in the Main VE (B0103) everything was fine. If I ENABLED RTACS in the main VE WHILE RTACS was ENABLED in my boost VE it reverted back to updating the boost VE 105kpa column.

From this (if it is true) it would seem that you can only update one VE Table at a time.

Bill

DrX
November 16th, 2007, 03:56 PM
That gives me some ideas to try out tomorrow. Will see what happens.

VT LS1 NZ
November 16th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the input, but today I had some good news a break through if you will. I finally got the boost VE (A0009) to update. I'm not sure what did it, I went through the cal_link.txt files and deleted the back up VE tables that aren't applicable to COS3 and I also deleted all of the WB listed except the one I'm using.

Something else I noticed on my short drive, and I haven't had enough time to confirm is if I had RTACS ENABLED in the the boost VE (A0009) AND NOT ENABLED in the Main VE (B0103) everything was fine. If I ENABLED RTACS in the main VE WHILE RTACS was ENABLED in my boost VE it reverted back to updating the boost VE 105kpa column.

From this (if it is true) it would seem that you can only update one VE Table at a time.

Bill

Thats great you got it to work.

DrX
November 18th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I went over everything again and it all looks good. So I don't know why RTACS is not working.

DrX
November 25th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Build 24 has restored my RTACS functionality. Haven't tried it out yet though.

wickedred
November 26th, 2007, 06:40 AM
I hope you guys get this figured out. My new 99 Z28 is staying a street car and will see it fair share of Turbo Boost. I dont want to spend the $$$$ on a BS3 setup if I dont have too.

DrX
November 26th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I briefly tested RTACS on the Boost VE table today and it looks like it is also working properly now.:) Had to back off due to a ton of knock though. Fueling looked OK, but I did have to put some 91 in the tank this weekend. I usually use a 10% ethanol blend that is rated 94 octane.

Highlander
March 9th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Why are you so interested in RTACS at those specific points???

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to do it via BENs? I mean.. at boost.. you vary a lot the throttle to make a successfull change. I am also sure that you can exclude data on the tuning tool to not update below 105kpa.

JezzaB
March 9th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to do it via BENs? I mean.. at boost.. you vary a lot the throttle to make a successfull change. I am also sure that you can exclude data on the tuning tool to not update below 105kpa.

I find the RTACS great for the Boost VE and it is using the BENs.

Put in some values that should be somewhere safe and a bit rich. Then a couple of power runs to get it to course apply the changes. Have a look and see how much it is changing the BoostVE and then use linear filling and blending to fill in any data if you dont want to hold it at those points.

Otherwise its run up, copy BENs while its warming up more, then run again etc

Jez

DrX
March 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM

Yes, RTACS is using the BENs. Just that it applies the corrections automatically, on the fly. And there was an issue with the RTACS filters in one of the builds. That has been corrected.

Highlander
March 9th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I see... Never had that issue...

driver456
April 12th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I know this thread is old but I can't get the boost ve table to work with rtacs.Any idea's? I updated the cal link.*UPDATE* Got it working,Figured it out.I was changing the wrong cal_link.

SW1911
August 24th, 2014, 02:09 AM
im having the same issue running cos 2 , if you dont what was the fix

thanks
jim

DrX
August 25th, 2014, 04:00 AM
I believe the fix for my COS3 was in an EFILive update. I am no longer using the RoadRunner as its injector and timing control went wonky and Moates no longer supports this product. Is your cal_link file setup correctly?