PDA

View Full Version : Very wierd ETC problem...

dc_justin
August 4th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Made a few changes to a stock 2006 Silverado HD today (LQ4, 4L80E) at the Carlisle Truck show today. About 2 hours after leaving the show, I get a call from the owner saying that he has no throttle response...

He'll start the truck up in park and be able to control the throttle just fine. Once he puts it into gear, he drops into some sort of limp mode and cannot get out of it until restarting the truck. Throttle angle is limited to 20%. Same thing happens if he revs it in neutral, then lets the throttle fall back to closed position.

I have made no changes to the ETC tables, no errant codes are being thrown. Anybody experienced anything like this? I'll be driving up an hour and a half to meet with this guy to try and fix his problem tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Justin

MoTruck
August 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
I have done the same thing to my 2006 2500hd. I have never pin pointed it to the exact table changed. However, the last time I did it, I made some changes to the torque management, traction control, and abuse settings. I suspect that it may be related to the reverse reaction of table b6614. On mine, when I go lower, I get more power. The last time I had this problem, I pegged it out on the top side. Unfortunately, I made some other changes at the same time. So, I am not sure this is exactly where the problems lies for mine, but I suspect it is. I have not had a chance to individually analyze each table change. I simply reverted to a previous tune and went from there. Sorry I can't be of more help. MoTruck.

dc_justin
August 4th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks, that helps immensely. I've been leaning on some sort of TM/Abuse table being the cause, and that was one of the tables that the script I used touched.

Thanks,
Justin

MoTruck
August 4th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Do you usually adjust B6612, ETC Pedal torque Limit Reduction? I have made a small adjustment, but wonder If I could max it out, if I don't want any reduction. By the way, if you go to low on the B6614 table(negative), you will have the same reduced power issue. I believe mine is currently set to zero. MoTruck

dc_justin
August 5th, 2007, 02:35 AM
B6614 back to stock and problem solved.

The guy was able to limp the truck home without losing power by keeping out of idle mode on his drive home.

99Silver6.0
August 6th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Do you usually adjust B6612, ETC Pedal torque Limit Reduction? I have made a small adjustment, but wonder If I could max it out, if I don't want any reduction.

Im curious also.

69camaro5speed
August 6th, 2007, 02:02 PM
hey dc was b6612 stock also.i put the one you looked at back to stock in b6612.also there is a 5.3 with the same operating system as the 8.1 there are some traction control setting differant that might help with 8.1. i do know they need to put in a warning about b6612 rasing it makes throttle control do crazy stuff.

dc_justin
August 6th, 2007, 02:06 PM
hey dc was b6612 stock also.i put the one you looked at back to stock in b6612.also there is a 5.3 with the same operating system as the 8.1 there are some traction control setting differant that might help with 8.1. i do know they need to put in a warning about b6612 rasing it makes throttle control do crazy stuff.

B6612 was stock. B6614 was the only table that was changed in this particular case and did not have the same results on any 05,04 or 03 2500HD 6.0L trucks... wierd.

MoTruck
August 7th, 2007, 01:24 PM
You can zero the b6614. The results on the 2006 models is inverse of the previous ones, as best I can tell. I maxed out the b6612 a couple of days ago. It doesn't appear to have any issues. I haven't had a lot of chance to check it out. With the b6614 zeroed, and the b6612 maxed, it seems to respond better. I will know more in a few days, when I get to drive it some more. MoTruck.

voda1
August 8th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks, that helps immensely. I've been leaning on some sort of TM/Abuse table being the cause, and that was one of the tables that the script I used touched.

Thanks,
Justin

More info on using scripts, where can I find it?

dc_justin
August 8th, 2007, 07:55 AM
More info on using scripts, where can I find it?

The quick and easy way to create a script is to load up a your stock tune, then load up a modified tune as the alternate. Go to Edit and then Create Script.

What it will do is allow you to script out all of the differences between the two tunes, in terms of absolute values (as opposed to % differences).