PDA

View Full Version : Map Kpa Labels For 2bar

MN C5
June 4th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Is it possible to change the Kpa Label for 2 bar tuning in the various tables? This software does everything else :D just wondering if its possible for a simple minded guy like myself????

The auto-tune is pure Genius, it works slicker than dog snot..

Blacky
June 4th, 2005, 05:35 PM
We're working on it. :)
Paul

MN C5
June 15th, 2005, 01:52 PM
http://www.squeakywheelwebdesign.com/squeakywheel_hometransparent.gif Just lookng for some grease...lol

MN C5
July 21st, 2005, 11:49 PM
http://www.squeakywheelwebdesign.com/squeakywheel_hometransparent.gif Just lookng for some grease...

Any closer....Rumor has it coming the 1st week of August with a bunch of enhancements....for boosted tuning

GMPX
July 21st, 2005, 11:56 PM
http://www.squeakywheelwebdesign.com/squeakywheel_hometransparent.gif Just lookng for some grease...

Any closer....Rumor has it coming the 1st week of August with a bunch of enhancements....for boosted tuning

Rumours are correct, though they might even be released before then, fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
July 22nd, 2005, 01:53 PM
Very cool... I'm very glad I went with Flashscan. I'd still be holding my breath for V2.0 from the competion..

I'd be a happy beta tester if you need one :D :D :D :D

blackblowngto
August 2nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
the 2 bar setup will just be a download? when will this be available? i was under the impression that it was already part of the system i purchased a week ago. i have the commercial scan and tune. i am trying to tune a blown gto, any update yet?

Delco
August 2nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
the 2 bar setup will just be a download? when will this be available? i was under the impression that it was already part of the system i purchased a week ago. i have the commercial scan and tune. i am trying to tune a blown gto, any update yet?

2 bar code will be a download but you will still need to tune the boost tables , if you have already done a 1 bar tune N/A SD with the bigger injectors the bae tune will transfer straight over , if not you will need to do a full tune both 1 bar and 2 bar - not really something for the novice to attempt as there first tune.

As a starting point I woudl recomend disconnecting the blower when you are starting to go to a 2 bar tune ,add the 2 bar map sensor then tune the car 100% up to 100kpa , once you have it all running sweet then attatch the blower belt and continue on from 100 kpa to 200 kpa

GMPX
August 3rd, 2005, 02:56 AM

You can tune your GTO with a 2bar now if you wish, do you have a 2bar sensor on the car yet?.

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
August 3rd, 2005, 04:33 AM
Its very easy to tune for the 2bar map. You just need to understand your map scale needs to be adjusted... i.e. 50kpa on the column header is now 100kpa ect...

blackblowngto
August 3rd, 2005, 06:02 AM
i dont yet have the 2 bar sensor installed. my situation is that the car was completely tuned using the MAF but now the whole maf system is unfixable (dont ask how). so if the car had already been completely tuned under boost, does that mean i can just download the 2 bar setup and it will work?

GMPX
August 3rd, 2005, 10:41 AM
i dont yet have the 2 bar sensor installed. my situation is that the car was completely tuned using the MAF but now the whole maf system is unfixable (dont ask how). so if the car had already been completely tuned under boost, does that mean i can just download the 2 bar setup and it will work?

Yes and no, the new 2bar O.S will operate under boost as per normal, however, as the car was initially tuned with the MAF you can bet the VE table will probably be wrong, you will need to retune that for sure now the MAF has gone (smart move BTW).
Next thing, now that you are doing this yourself invest in a Wideband O2 (if you haven't already), tuning a boosted car without one is not a smart idea.
Remember in SD mode the fueling is based on what numbers you punch into the VE table (amonst others) so you have to get that correct.
My advise.
1 - Purchase and fit a 2bar MAP sensor.
2 - Purchase a Wideband O2, these things are now less than $200 (LC1).

Cheers,
Ross

QUICKSILVER2002
August 7th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Did I read this right, Is a new custom 2bar os about to come out. I hope so, I was about to give it a try as is, but more granularity and boost based PE would be nice.

GMPX
August 7th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Did I read this right, Is a new custom 2bar os about to come out. I hope so, I was about to give it a try as is, but more granularity and boost based PE would be nice.

Custom 2bar is one way to put it, but wait, there's more :D :D

Cheers,
Ross

blackblowngto
August 7th, 2005, 12:10 PM
when is it coming out?? i am in desperate need of this o/s

QUICKSILVER2002
August 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM

Custom 2bar is one way to put it, but wait, there's more :D :D

Cheers,
Ross

Ok, I'll wait for more, but how long of a wait are we talking here? This is exciting news. :shock: :shock:

GMPX
August 7th, 2005, 04:18 PM
See this post I just put up....
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14033

Cheers,
Ross