PDA

View Full Version : XML holden def files errors

limited cv8r
August 5th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I've been trying to view the holden XML definition files, only the VR68VS8 will open properly. All the other come up with "invalid character was found in text content." and will not display the rest of the page. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to view them with something else. They will open in notepad but it makes them really hard to read as everthing is not seperated.

joecar
August 6th, 2007, 04:34 AM
I pm'd Paul about this and your other 2 questions.

Blacky
August 6th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Just open them in the EFILive V4 software. Use the menu option: File->Select Vehicle and you can open the xml files and view/edit the contents using the menu option Edit->Vehicle.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 6th, 2007, 09:42 AM
The actual error has to do with the degree symbol in the temperature units. It is not encoded as correct XML by EFILive V4. So compliant XML editors will not parse it.

If you really want to use an XML editor, then using Notepad you can change the *C and *BTDC symbols to normal text.

Open the xml doc using Notepad, use the search/replace option (Ctrl+H) enter the degree symbol using the key sequence ALT+0176 (on the num keypad) then a C, enter degC in the replace box and click Replace All. Do the same thing for *BTDC (degrees before top dead center).

Regards
Paul