PDA

View Full Version : Problem Flashing Pcm

Jakes4321
August 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Well I have been havin a problem tryin to flash my pcm in my 2000 Silvy. First time I tried flashing the truck it went fine till about 45 secs the flashing stopped and said there was checksum error. I will try and reflash truck and it tells me invalid calibration and quits. Then truck wont restart. This has cost me a license since I had to get a new pcm since pcm wasnt in deadpoll but was actually dead. Second time same thing happened but dealer was able to just reflash pcm. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? I have a LS1 bench harness and was going to try and flash it that way but why cant I flash it in truck? Well any help is appreciated, Thanks
Here are the files...

Jakes4321
August 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Anyone??
I do have a spare pcm that I would like to flash with this tune just so I dont have problems. It is a pcm out of a 2002 Express Van L31 motor (12212156). Can I just to a full reflash and have a spare tuned pcm??

Doc
August 9th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I would PM Paul with the Error file.

joecar
August 9th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Jake, I already pm'd Paul on your behalf... :)

Jakes4321
August 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks!!!

Blacky
August 10th, 2007, 07:29 AM
What would help us the most to track down the problem is a copy of the trace log file of the failed reflash, from the folder:
\My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bug Reports.

The file will be called YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_download.blx where
YYYY is the year
MM is the month
DD is the day
HH is the hour
MM is the Minute
SS is the second
when you performed the reflash that failed.

Regards
Paul

Jakes4321
August 10th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Well today i did a full flash with my bench harness and it worked fine. I had to relfash my stock tune because after shop had done a flash I was getting a trouble code P1631. After I did that I tried to flash a tune into the pcm and it tells me I need to license pcm. Why do I have to relicense the pcm?

joecar
August 10th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Well today i did a full flash with my bench harness and it worked fine. I had to relfash my stock tune because after shop had done a flash I was getting a trouble code P1631. After I did that I tried to flash a tune into the pcm and it tells me I need to license pcm. Why do I have to relicense the pcm?Try using this software version: showthread.php?t=5890 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5890)

Blacky
August 10th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Plus read this:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4093

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
August 10th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Paul, just a thought, but would it be possible to implement the ability to input your own serial number if this happens, such as taking the number off the label on the PCM and entering that? Not sure if it really matters,but just a thought.