PDA

View Full Version : Fast tranny re-learn???

Boost
August 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
You know how it takes days for the tranny to shift perfect again after you add a lot of horsepower? I read a guy's posts on the Diesel Place about a "fast tranny re-learn" that he enables with his PPE tuner that "resets" the tranny, and puts it into fast re-learn mode. He says it takes only a few miles.
Is this possible and does it work? Can we "reset" the tranny with EFILive?

IdahoRob
August 15th, 2007, 08:44 AM
We can't yet on the LBZ. You can on the LB7/LLY. I'd think the PPE doesn't do it either for the LBZ, just shows that it did. IMO

Boost
August 15th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Ok, so how do you do it on the LB7/LLY? And what are we waiting for on the LBZ?

rustynuts
August 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
ttt

i'm curious about this also. lbz and lly.

IdahoRob
September 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Go into the scan tool and you'll see the allison symble. Click on that and you'll see a pop up of allison controls. Select which taps you want cleared and thats it.

rustynuts
September 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Go into the scan tool and you'll see the allison symble. Click on that and you'll see a pop up of allison controls. Select which taps you want cleared and thats it.

thanks for the reply rob.

Boost
September 12th, 2007, 12:23 AM
A topic of interest regarding this:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5983

Boost
September 15th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I am able to reset TAPS on the 6 speed Ally with the Tech2. Cool!

GMPX
September 15th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks for those that responded, currently you can't do it on the 6spd TCM only the 5spd as Rob pointed out.
We are going to revisit the bi-di controls for all controllers before we start writing version 8 software, you won't have to wait until then.

Cheers,
Ross