PDA

View Full Version : P062F Long term memory

eboggs_jkvl
August 7th, 2007, 07:55 AM
It seems that my ECM has died and the dealer replaced the ECM and reflashed the program. Still screwed up with a P062F & a P062L Code.

My Alternator died to start this fiasco. My battery was killed due to the alternator. Now the ECM is gone.

What the hell is going on?

eboggs_jkvl
August 7th, 2007, 08:17 AM
This isn't related to this is it?

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5828

joecar
August 7th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Dead/undercharged battery overloads alternator which causes its rectifier bridge to get fried...

I don't know how this could kill the ECM;

An arc from battery/alternator positive to ground can kill the ECM.

eboggs_jkvl
August 7th, 2007, 08:57 AM
The DIC went off and said check the charging system. I did and the voltage was low coming out of the alternator. I ran it too long getting back home after the warning. The last straw for the battery was moving the car to the street to line it up for the tow truck to take it to the dealer. I think the Alternator went first and then the battery.

GMPX
August 7th, 2007, 09:23 AM
I suspect the long term memory codes are showing because the ECM cannot do it's normal flash memory updates on shutdown (it always writes some data to flash on shutdown). In the older LS1 type PCM this might happen because the battery to too low (below about 10V), but it should not be as much of an issue on the E38.
So did the new ECM actually fix the problem?

Cheers,
Ross

Doc
August 7th, 2007, 10:30 AM
That blows. How about this theory. Seeing how we are in Hell's kitchen right now in Florida, could this be a case of yet another GM/ AC Delco side post battery puking it's acid right down on top your pcm and more importantly the wiring to it? I would demand to see the condition of the pcm as it sits before they start shotguning batteries and pcms. If they don't clean things up real good you might be in for a double feature.

Secondly, great reason to get a AGM Battery (Optima).

eboggs_jkvl
August 7th, 2007, 11:10 AM
The codes are still flying after the ECM change. They are stumped and are getting Detroit involved for answers.

I'll ask about the battery and if it puked. If it did, I will ask for wiring verification and I'll get an optima for them to use. I DO NOT like the Delco pukers.

Doc
August 7th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Wiring.

eboggs_jkvl
August 8th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Well, supposedly the car is fixed.

Alternator, New PCM, and tightened down the loose wire on the starter. Sigh.

Doc
August 9th, 2007, 04:12 AM
E I'd still pull that wheel and just give it a looksee.

eboggs_jkvl
August 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Well, I'm in Detroit right now at the Camaro car show. I'll give it an eyeball after I get home next week.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
August 17th, 2007, 05:08 AM
When they replaced the ECM, they also dumped in a stock tune. Fine, screw up my stuff. I can replace what was "tuned" but they also set my oil life to 100%. Well, that kinda sucks as it was down to 45%. Is there a way I can drop it back down to 45% and go from there or do I need to change oil at 55% on the ECM?

Sigh...

wait4me
August 17th, 2007, 07:01 AM
You can set the oil life to what ever you want in the scan tool. just press the oil button.

eboggs_jkvl
August 17th, 2007, 08:38 AM
You can set the oil life to what ever you want in the scan tool. just press the oil button.
Well holy snot bat man! I've opened every little "+" there is on my software for my E38 and I don't see squat on the "oil" anything. Oil is not mentioned.

Would you please give me a hint as to where the little blighter is hiding?

Ooops! I was in the tuning tool. Going to the scan tool now.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
August 17th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I see oil reset. I'll play with it after supper.

Thanks.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
August 17th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Thank you. I got it set to what it should be.

Elmer