PDA

View Full Version : stock n02 reading constant 0.45mv

stigmundfreud
August 9th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Since having the cat replaced the bank 2 o2 sensor reads a fairly constant 0.45mv, fluctuating ever so slightly.

Before I go down the route of buying a replacement = £££ or chasing for a warranty from the tuners = miles away, I'm wondering what I can do.

I've pinged an email off to ringram to consider replacing the stock o2 with an lc-1 - will it fit in the standard bung?

All this will get sorted in time but for now I need to sort this out. An obvious thing to look at would be the current o2 - is there an easy way to test it?

Two questions that spring to mind is this:

1.) Say for example the 02 sensor was totally disconnected from the PCM, would the PCM still report the 0.45 back or does it a least require a full circuit of sorts - I know that sounds strange but just covering every posibilty.

2.) the wiring loom from the o2 was extended when the LT's were added, I think thats a possible weak point now. Prior to the work last week to replace a damaged cat the sensor was working fine so this is something to look at

3.) When they took the system off, the PCM side connector tugged from the block. I'm wondering if that side of the connection has potentially been damaged. Its too hard to check though!

I've checked as best as possible for air leaks but cannot feel any thing obvious. There are pops at times that do seem to come from the cat but that could be due to the fueling being off. Any other ideas as to what to check - I'm getting p0154 codes at the minute.

cheers

confused of Swindon

joecar
August 9th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Yes, the LC-1 sensor screws into the NBO2 bung.

1. if the connector is off, the PCM's circuits electrically pull the signal hi input to 450mV relatice to the signal lo input;

2. the extension cable may have a problem, this is common;

3. it may have been damaged... which connector is this...?

P0154 is for broken connection to NBO2... see here:
http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178439

stigmundfreud
August 9th, 2007, 05:50 AM
cheers jo, I'm thinking of starting a Jo Appreciation society and charging membership

I was wondering if there would be some kind of issue with the cable, so I will try that first - the issue is i've driven the car for a few days now as I couldnt log right away. Its had about 150 to 300 miles in that state, if its been unpowered I just prey its ok.

Trying to unplug the extention now that the fixing lug is loose is going to be fun. It never rains but it pours

Stay tuned for next weeks thread "My crank has eaten my pistons"

stigmundfreud
August 9th, 2007, 05:51 AM
oh aye and whilst I'm on do you know of the current make and model of the O2s?

stigmundfreud
August 16th, 2007, 11:13 AM
well the issue was the 2 brown wires had disconnected!