PDA

View Full Version : Should I remove the resistor out of my SLP MAF

esco35m
August 11th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Just like the title say's. I am going to start the Auto VE tuning today and wanted to know if you all think it is a good idea or not. I seen in the LS1 tech that the guys have been removing the resistor because it tells the car less airflow is coming in, so that would increase timing. If I should remove the resistor what do you all recommend cutting it out or desoldering. Thanks.

SSpdDmon
August 11th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I left mine in.

mr.prick
August 11th, 2007, 03:38 AM
it won`t make a difference in open loop speed density.
but i wouldn`t want anything that "skews" the tune if you know what i mean.

Doc
August 11th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Well, being the propogater of that info on the LS1tech thread I would stand by it and say desolder it.

AutoVE will not care about the MAF as you will have it fail on purpose(as has been said before in this thread). If you choose to keep the MAF you can keep it (the resistor) or lose it and just rescale the MAF table either way.

For me, I just don't like having some extra added componet that could (albeit probably won't) fail at some time.

But, in all reality it doesn't really matter to me anymore since my MAF is resting on my workbench.

Best of luck with the tune, if you need anymore help don't hesistate to post up. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.