PDA

View Full Version : Save tune from PCM. Have FlashScan and a RR PCM about to go in

WestSide
August 11th, 2007, 10:36 AM
How do I save my current PCM tune to the PC? Probably a stupidly easy question but I'm somehow not getting it. I don't have the FlashTune since I have the RR. :beer:

Cougar281
August 11th, 2007, 12:44 PM
If you haven't already, download the EFILive software and install it, plug in your Flashscan cable, then open the Tune software and click "Flash" and select "Read PCM Calibrations" from the drop-down Menu. Select your PCM (Gen III LS1 99-07, I assume) and click start.

ChipsByAl
August 11th, 2007, 01:28 PM
WestSide you need to have the V1 or V2 cable to read your PCM. Do you have one? Is the current PCM stock or a modified unit?
Al

WestSide
August 11th, 2007, 01:59 PM
WestSide you need to have the V1 or V2 cable to read your PCM. Do you have one? Is the current PCM stock or a modified unit?
Al

It's a 98 Z28, so 98 PCM, unmodified. My RR pcm is in a box awaiting my tune. I have the V1 cable attached and I can connect to the car when it's running. I installed software from online (7.4) but the efilive software doesn't want to see to register? I've entered all of the information like VIN, serial number etc but my FlashTune program says it's still "demo"

We logged a few things but when we try to play the log the efilive "dashboard" goes nuts between each frame...sometimes saying 13000 rpm...

Do I have to install software from the original CD? (misplaced somewhere)

I tried opening the FlashTune software after connecting to the Scan to try and read the PCM calibration...it won't let me click that option.

Cougar281
August 11th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Did you connect the cable beforeor after starting FlashScan Tune? I believe you need to connect it before starting the app or it won't recognize it.

Do you have the blue card? Try entering the info from it into the 'Help' -> 'Register' window.

WestSide
August 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Did you connect the cable beforeor after starting FlashScan Tune? I believe you need to connect it before starting the app or it won't recognize it.

Do you have the blue card? Try entering the info from it into the 'Help' -> 'Register' window.

The USB cable has been connected to the computer before opening the Scan software up which we can connect to and see readings and such.

I have entered in the blue card numbers and info to the register button and it seems to have saved it correctly...:nixweiss:

Black02SS
August 11th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Try and do like he said and have the cable connected, then open the tune program. Once it is open you should not see the demo message.

Blacky
August 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
If you have a Scan Only V1 (or V2) cable (with an RR license), you need to contact EFILive to make sure you have been issued with a "Scan and Tune" license. Once you enter the details for your Scan and Tune license (which includes your RR serial number) you'll be good to go.

Send me (paul@efilive.com) the following info: Your V1 serial number and your RR serial number.

Regards
Paul