PDA

View Full Version : Mafless TC Off after Operating System Patch?

Acer
August 11th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Hi All,

Finally got around to playing with Mafless (SD) tunes on my 05 HSV GTO (LS2 E40) & got it to run Ok. One odd thing I noticed is that the traction control switches to off mode even though I have applied the Operating System Patch B9902 & did a full re-flash before applying the revised tune:help2: . Has anyone else experienced this issue & are there any suggestions on how to overcome the problem?

Thanks,

Acer

GMPX
August 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I've not heard of anyone else having that issue yet.

Cheers,
Ross

Acer
August 12th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks Ross. Are there any particular "tricks" after the full re-flash that I may have missed?

Cheers,

Acer

GMPX
August 13th, 2007, 10:07 AM
No not really, the only thing I can think of is there is a torque value out of whack causing the ECM to send the TCS disable message. Have you maxed out all the torque settings?

Cheers,
Ross

TuneMaster
August 13th, 2007, 12:14 PM
It's ok to max out the torque settings on a manual. TCS still works after the patch. Have done a few without any dramas here. Post your tune file so we can have a look.

Acer
August 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks Guys, I think what it might be is that I didn't max out all the torque values in the TCS settings. I'll set them all to 8192 or whatever the max value is & see what happens.

Since my GTO is an M6, does it mean that the traction control will still be operative & effective once the torque settings are increased?

Many thanks,

Acer

TuneMaster
August 13th, 2007, 10:43 PM
On M6's I always max out the torque values. TCS still works when on. I always apply the maf error patch as well as the traction control patch., even if i'm running mafless.

Acer
August 13th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks TuneMaster, that worked:D .

Cheers,

Acer