PDA

View Full Version : First post, have a question

mvvette97
August 12th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I'm about to buy the EFI Live for my trans am. I have a mail order tune right now that was tuned with HP tuners. Can I still tune it with EFI since it was tuned with a differant software?:nixweiss:

Doc
August 13th, 2007, 12:29 AM
As long as it did not use a HP Tuners custom operating system you should be able to read and write to that pcm.

mvvette97
August 13th, 2007, 01:46 AM
cool, I guess i will find out.

joecar
August 13th, 2007, 01:50 AM
MvVette97, welcome to the forum... :cheers:

mvvette97
August 13th, 2007, 01:59 AM
MvVette97, welcome to the forum... :cheers:Thanks man, I think I will be here quite a bit.:D I have a crappy running trans am that has a crappy mail order tune that doesn't like to idle. Can't wait to get the EFI so I can maybe get it figured out. I've never used tuning software before to this will be interesting, haha

ScarabEpic22
August 13th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Welcome aboard man, it takes a little bit of playing around with the software (download it now and start playing with tunes to get familiarized with it) and then it gets better. But I know you will be able to get that idle dialed in pretty quickly with EFILive, and if not everyone on here is really helpful.

mvvette97
August 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Welcome aboard man, it takes a little bit of playing around with the software (download it now and start playing with tunes to get familiarized with it) and then it gets better. But I know you will be able to get that idle dialed in pretty quickly with EFILive, and if not everyone on here is really helpful.cool, where can i download it?

joecar
August 13th, 2007, 01:42 PM
www.efilive.com/downloads

ScarabEpic22
August 13th, 2007, 04:23 PM
cool, where can i download it?
what joecar said!

Yea it is really cool, I think for something this expensive to buy that you should be able to see what the software is and how it works. One of the reasons I bought EFILive.

joecar
August 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM
After installation, look in My Documents/EFILive/V7 for the Bins and Logged Data folders... these contain real world sample tunes and logs...

You can turn on the option in the tune tool to link the scantool cursor to tunetool cell-highlighting... as you move the scantool cursor around in the log, the corrsponding cell(s) is/are higlighed in the tune table currently being viewed.

mvvette97
August 13th, 2007, 06:04 PM
WOW!! I can see that I'm going to have some trouble.:Eyecrazy:

joecar
August 14th, 2007, 02:28 AM
WOW!! I can see that I'm going to have some trouble.:Eyecrazy:There are user manual pdf's for the scantool and tunetool... open each tool and press F1.

mvvette97
August 14th, 2007, 06:41 PM
well I have been checking it all out. I'm still confused.:anitoof:

TAQuickness
August 14th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mvvette97!

It's quite amazing the number of tables and amount of data it takes to replace a few screws.

As Joe mentioned, take some time to read over the user manuals. These will better help you to understand what EFILive is capable of. When you're ready to start tuning, there are tutorials to help get you started. And don't forget the forum - Lot's of folks here ready and willing to help you out.

mvvette97
August 26th, 2007, 09:29 AM
well i just ordered the EFI Live so i will soon be able to see how bad I can screw up my car, haha