PDA

View Full Version : NE1 Having any Luck using RT to update VE Tables With RR?

Chalky
August 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I am stumped. I have RR installed but am having issues with RT updates. I tried using it to update my VE table . I had the table and BEN Map linked but RR was taking my idle cell value, 800x45KPA from 39 to 65+ before I stopped the update.

Anyone got any ideas or tips? I like RR but I need to find a way to make it work for me.

TAQuickness
August 14th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I've had fairly good luck with RTACS.

In my case, I use COS5's TPSVE for all driving under 2200 RPM and the OEM MAPVE for all driving above 2200 RPM.

On either VE table (TPS or MAP) I have the respective cells above and below 2200 RPM locked so no updates. Similarly, you could lock out areas of your VE table so you can concentrate on idle, cruise or WOT with no ill side effects.

Another area to focus on is data filtering. I have filters in place to disregard unreasonable input from my WB's (11 < AFR > 17), disregard low coolant temperatures, and to disregard deceleration. Similar filters may also help you.

Chalky
August 15th, 2007, 12:22 PM
TA:

Are you using and blending when updating VE table in RT?

After some issues, I do have mine working and actually updated my VE table earlier.

I also tried to get RR to auto update RT my des airflow map. TRACS was in emulation mode and it was tracking in the proper cell but not updating. I only have one column set up in my map and the Des Airflow table also shows a p/n column. Wonder if that would keep it from updating.?

Cablebandit
August 16th, 2007, 02:09 PM
mine does what he is saying now on the new laptop with vista. it worked fine on my old xp laptop but now, scanner may be at 75kpa but rtacs will be around 25kpa...correct rpms but wrong kpa. i dunno whats up with that.

Chalky
August 16th, 2007, 02:26 PM
mine does what he is saying now on the new laptop with vista. it worked fine on my old xp laptop but now, scanner may be at 75kpa but rtacs will be around 25kpa...correct rpms but wrong kpa. i dunno whats up with that.

Check your pid. Make sure all pids selected are in Metric or Imperial, same as your settings for your maps and tables your are updating.

I had the same problem.

Cablebandit
August 19th, 2007, 11:06 AM
bingo...i had one table set wrong. Now it gives me a communication error 3 secs after i hit the rtacs button :( I hate this crap with vista....xp worked flawlessly

got it working now i think...had to go into device manager ...usb serial converter and had to check the "vcp" tab under advanced and then go to "com ports" section and setup everything like instructions say

Chuck CoW
September 29th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Check your pid. Make sure all pids selected are in Metric or Imperial, same as your settings for your maps and tables your are updating.

I had the same problem.

DITTO! :bash: Aw what the heck.... Only inhaled a few million PPM of NOx and stayed up all night with it....

Scanner lists the sae.map pid as kpa,hg .. I never noticed till I looked in the other column....it was on hg.... I don't think anyone uses those units...

Duh.
Chuck CoW

joecar
September 29th, 2007, 06:04 PM
In scanner, set the Preferred units to Metric (Edit->Properties->Options), then on PIDs F8 tab rightclick on the MAP pid and set it to Metric; exit scanner and reopen it, MAP should now stay in kPa.