PDA

View Full Version : Getting owned by tr 230..............

Rhino79
August 13th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I am tuning a friends car, here are the mods:
99 Firehawk, TR230 (230/224 .575/.568 on a 111 lsa) pulley, lid, ls6 intake, lid, pp tb, lt's, 2.5 duals, 3.23's, yank ss4000.

Part throttle, WOT piece of cake, everyting done EXCEPT for the drivability (surging, starts and dies, etc.)

i have done some cammed vehicles before but for whatever reason, I am getting my ass kicked by this one and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have cracked the tb blade to achieve abbout 40-50 on the IAC counts, hole in tb is un-drilled, and I just could not work the surge out tonight....he's having some 2-3 tranny problems so it'll be a few weeks before i can get back on tuning it, but its bothering me that I haven't nailed it yet. Heres a copy of the .tun file, any help would greatly be appreciated!:cheers:

SSpdDmon
August 14th, 2007, 01:45 AM
It looks like you migrated to an '02 OS. But, you didn't carry over the '99 tables. I made quite a few changes to the tune to carry over the '99 settings. There's a stock '99 file attached below as well. The timing may look 'funny' at first. But, give it a try. Hopefully, this will work a little better.

**It's a good idea to re-tune the Desired Airflow table to work with the new timing tables.

Rhino79
August 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Cool, thanks, I am going to flash it in tonight and give it a try, thanks for the help! I'll let you know how it does.

Rhino79
August 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Dude thanks a million, car drives much better, I logged the Desired airflow and had to drop from 8 to 6.25 in gear at operating temp, but thats the only thing I've changed so far. I wasn't able to go out with him to test it because I have to watch my kids tonight, but he said it has a slight surge at a steady throttle around 1500-2000 rpms, but I figure that playing with the timing in that area might clear that up. We'll se how it cold and hot starts and then he'll be set. Thanks again SSpdDmon!

SSpdDmon
August 16th, 2007, 01:12 AM
No problem. To cure the steady throttle surge, try playing with the throttle follower (add in some air through the multiplier for that RPM range). If you increase the airflow, you'll probably have to increase the decay rate too so that the extra airflow doesn't hang around. Glad I could help. :)