PDA

View Full Version : New to EFI live with some dumb questions

RE AND CHERYL
August 14th, 2007, 12:10 AM
I'm just finishing a LS1 conversion on a 94 Camaro and finally got it started yesterday.

The car is a LS1/M6 but the PCM is set up for an LS1/A4. Some one told me I can change it to a M6 with EFI live but I can't find anything. I beleive I have to get a LS1/M6 tune to use in my PCM. Am I right or can I change it through EFI Live.

Also, everything in EFI Live is in Metric measurments (temps and presures), how do I change it to standard?

Lastly, I've heard people talk about deleting sensors. I can't see where to do that. By turning off the DTC code for a sensor, do I basically turn the sensor off?

Re'

TAQuickness
August 14th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Welcome to the forum Re!

Great questions.

1) The easiest thing you can do is visit www.holdencrazy.com (http://www.holdencrazy.com) and download a stock 2002 M6 tune. From there you can start with the AutoVE process to get you dialed in. Also, by using the 2002 OS, you have the options of upgrading to EFILives custom OS's - when you're ready of course

2) On the tune tool, under File -> Properties, you have the option of changing from metric to imperial units. Similarly, you can set the default units in the scan tool as well. Born and raised on Imperial units, I find it much easier to tune in metric units.

3) Deleting sensors is always an interesting topic. For instance, if you don't have an EGR on your track vehicle, you can enter the engine diagnostic section and disable the MIL and processing enabler. If you check out the AutoVE tutorial, it will walk you thru the process of disabling the MAF MIL.

Please post up any other questions you may have. We're all glad to help our fellow EFILive'rs.