PDA

View Full Version : shift point adjustment not working anymore

Alvin
August 14th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Can we get this fixed in a software release? When you try to adjust by X percent it comes back and ask if you'd like to modify your tables by 0 percent and makes no change.

jfpilla
August 14th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Can we get this fixed in a software release? When you try to adjust by X percent it comes back and ask if you'd like to modify your tables by 0 percent and makes no change.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=52993#post52993

:muahaha:

jfpilla
August 15th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Alvin,
I could not get anyone to try the calculator and confirm that it didn't work. Your post popped up when I had given up and I found it oddly funny.
Joe

Alvin
August 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Hopefully they will fix it.. I have to reinstall old software when I want it to work.

joecar
August 15th, 2007, 02:49 AM
I have tried it on my F-body tune files and it gives me a non-zero correction...

Are you both doing this on C5 tune files (transaxle box checked)...?

I pm'd Paul.

jfpilla
August 15th, 2007, 04:00 AM
I have tried it on my F-body tune files and it gives me a non-zero correction...

Are you both doing this on C5 tune files (transaxle box checked)...?

I pm'd Paul.

Yes, C5 with box checked. You are probably putting in tire size and getting an adjustment for tire size change.

joecar
August 15th, 2007, 06:36 AM
No, I left tire size as is and I only changed the gear ratio...

I also repeated this with Transaxle checked, and it computed a correction of something like 222% to go from 3.23 to 4.11...
that doesn't look right to me...

jfpilla
August 15th, 2007, 07:32 AM
No, I left tire size as is and I only changed the gear ratio...

I also repeated this with Transaxle checked, and it computed a correction of something like 222% to go from 3.23 to 4.11...
that doesn't look right to me...

Joe,
It probably has to do with checking the box since your car is not a C5. When I uncheck the box I get a crazy number. -.70xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for trying.
Joe

joecar
August 15th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I'll play around with some C5 tune files.

jfpilla
August 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
I'll play around with some C5 tune files.

I tried a 2002 Camaro file, checked the box and got, 222.998014.
Without the check it came up, -21.411675. That looks right.
It looks like the transaxle calculator is broken. Probably why it wasn't noticed right away
Joe

Blacky
August 15th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry if I seem like I'm ignoring this issue, I'm not. I know there is a problem. I am scheduling in some time with Ross to work on it and get it sorted once and for all. If any of you are available to test the updates to make sure they are correct that would be much appreciated. Probably not until later next week.

Regards
Paul

jfpilla
August 15th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Paul,
Never entered our minds.
Good timing. My C5 is getting new gears and TCC this week. Be glad to test it.
Joe

jfpilla
August 15th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Alvin,
This came to me from Joecar's post.
Load the 2002 Camaro A4 file from Holdencrazy. Put in the tire size and gear and uncheck box. It will calculate and you can copy and paste. It will do till fixed.
Joe

Alvin
August 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM
My problem is when I try to do a manual shift point correction. Say you enter 5% and click enter... it comes back and says "modify shift points by 0.00%?"

Chuck CoW
September 7th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry if I seem like I'm ignoring this issue, I'm not. I know there is a problem. I am scheduling in some time with Ross to work on it and get it sorted once and for all. If any of you are available to test the updates to make sure they are correct that would be much appreciated. Probably not until later next week.

Regards
Paul

Hey Paul.... Yeah, my speedo calculator is messed up....Also, I can't go the the % change table as there are no parameters listed to modify.....

Uh..
Chuck CoW

Blacky
September 7th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Soon as I get a moment to breath, I'll try and fix the shift point calculator - I can see the problem...:bash:

Paul

Alvin
September 8th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I wish you would just put it back to the way it was.

jfpilla
October 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Paul,
It's working correctly.
I also like the way the differences comparison gives us a choice.
Thanks
Joe

joecar
October 2nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Paul,
It's working correctly.
I also like the way the differences comparison gives us a choice.
Thanks
JoeG'day Joe,
Is this using today's software update...?
Cheers,
Joe

jfpilla
October 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM
G'day Joe,
Is this using today's software update...?
Cheers,
Joe

Hey Joe,
Yes it's today's update and the e38 additions are good too.
Joe