PDA

View Full Version : Lean cruise on 04 GTO

98ls1blackbird
August 14th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Has anyone heard of this? According to the GTO guys, this is a routine in the 04 GTO PCM only, that can be turned on. They have HP Tuners to turn it on with. Is this something that EFILive can do? I have EFILive v2 and my son has an 04 GTO, and dont know whether to buy a licence for my software or go with HP Tuners. Any help? Thanks.
John

mistermike
August 14th, 2007, 09:04 AM
COS 3 is a better choice than lean cruise, IMHO. I tried LC on my 04 using some factory Holden settings and wasn't all that thrilled.

stigmundfreud
August 24th, 2007, 10:19 AM
if you look at the 2004 Holden Monaro tune on holden crazy (stock tune) you will see lean cruise is disabled. EFILive you can see the table to enable it but you have to question why the stock tune had it disabled

98ls1blackbird
August 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I'll check it out and try to figure out how to enable and disable it. Thanks

gto_in_nc
August 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
It was fun to play with, and I left it enabled, but it's nothing to write home about. I got a couple MPG gain and made it largely imperceptable. If I'm reading correctly, though, you have a '98 Trans Am, right? If so, no go; lean cruise is not available on US cars ('04 GTO still had Holden OS...)

stigmundfreud
August 24th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I'll check it out and try to figure out how to enable and disable it. Thanks

from memory looking at it, it was vss triggered but out the box was set to something like 477kmh, the cars fast just not sure lean cruise at that speed will yeild any results ;)

macca_779
August 24th, 2007, 06:18 PM
It was fun to play with, and I left it enabled, but it's nothing to write home about. I got a couple MPG gain and made it largely imperceptable. If I'm reading correctly, though, you have a '98 Trans Am, right? If so, no go; lean cruise is not available on US cars ('04 GTO still had Holden OS...)

Have a look in the tuning for economy section. There is a bit on lean cruise in there. I threw up the settings I use and get excellent results using them.

gto_in_nc
August 25th, 2007, 12:13 AM
??? I'm confused. Anyhow, the settings you posted in the lean cruise thread over there is very similar to what I had settled on. Curious, though - what do you mean by "excellent results"?

macca_779
August 25th, 2007, 12:44 AM
??? I'm confused. Anyhow, the settings you posted in the lean cruise thread over there is very similar to what I had settled on. Curious, though - what do you mean by "excellent results"?

Excellent results as in an average of 11.3L/100km, compared to 14.4 pre tuned. Thats on a mates car with 3.46's. On my car I use OS5 and hence utilise b3647 to command my cruising AFR's. I don't get quite that good but its close.

98ls1blackbird
August 26th, 2007, 03:04 AM

No, its not for my car, my son has an 04 GTO and he was wondering about it.

gto_in_nc
August 26th, 2007, 07:10 AM
<sharpens pencil>

So roughly going from 16.3 MPG to 20.8 MPG? That's a significant change, I think! At about 80 MPH (~130kph), I'm seeing an increase from around 24 MPG (9.8L/100km) to around 27 MPG (8.7L/100km) with my stock '04 GTO (think Monaro.)

Of course, that has all changed since the installation of heads and cam a few days ago! :D

gto_in_nc
August 26th, 2007, 07:15 AM
No, its not for my car, my son has an 04 GTO and he was wondering about it.

Ah!

Yes, the '04 GTO can run Lean Cruise and, yes, it works. Does you sone have a wideband O2 sensor? I wouldn't touch Lean Cruise unless a WO2 is functioning AND VE has been dialed in first...

98ls1blackbird
August 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Ah!

Yes, the '04 GTO can run Lean Cruise and, yes, it works. Does you sone have a wideband O2 sensor? I wouldn't touch Lean Cruise unless a WO2 is functioning AND VE has been dialed in first...

He does not have a wideband o2, but I do. I'll let him know that it will take some tuning to make it work. Thanks.