PDA

View Full Version : Spark Retard

eclispe1
August 17th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I have a 99 camaro ls1 auto trans with a 6 psi powerdyne supercharger. I have migrated to a 2002 op system then upgraded to cos3, the engine is totally stock with a magnaflow cat back exhaust. My wideband is on order for the fuel tune I will use VE auto tune to dial that in. Stock map sensor for now as I don't have time to pull the intake to replace the map sensor to do a 2 bar setup. I got the car running fairly decent as long as you don't get into heavy boost. I experience detonation when in boost, I know that the spark needs to be retarded but I don't know which table to retard and how much. I also get kr up to 3.3 during low load, low speed acceleration. Can someone be kind enough to give me an idea of what to do here or maybe show what a tune should look like. As you can probably tell I have only been doing this a few weeks and have already learned a lot but I would love to be able to feel the power without fear of destroying my engine.

mr.prick
August 18th, 2007, 06:25 AM
you should wait untill your wideband arrives.
you are probably getting KR from being lean under boost.
are you using an `02 spark table or `99 ?
`99 is a little more aggressive.
and maybe richen up your PE ratio for now

Lextech
August 18th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Until you get your Wideband and 2 Bar MAP sensor installed, You need to atleast cheat on the 105 Kpa VE cells. Since you are running 6 PSI- richen it up about 20%

zapp168
August 23rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
You should not have to pull your intake to install the 2 Bar, I installed mine in a parking lot with no tools in 2 minutes, after I used a grinder to trim the sensor that is.