PDA

View Full Version : New Member Questions

chevyspy
August 17th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Just got EFI installed and working with my computer, tomorrow I am going to attempt to interact with my truck. I have two questions, first, I have a 2006 LLY Duramax which is the same as the 2006 LBZ but with different tuning. Which controller (LLY or LBZ) do I want to specify from the drop down when attempting to download the stock tun with my V2 unit?

Question 2 -- When using the scan tool, I notice it wants an "OP System" selected from the drop down, what is this and where can I find it? Any information would be appreciated.

Tordne
August 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM
You will need to select the LLY option. The LLY and LBz are not at all the same controller wise.

When you have read the tune out of your vehicles PCM it will show you the Operating System number in the calibration details in the Tune Tool. You enter this number in the Scan Tool. Additionally th Scan Tool will recognize the OS when the connection is made to the vehicle.

chevyspy
August 17th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Thank you.

chevyspy
August 18th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Tordne, don't mean to be bullish but the information you gave above is incorrect. The controller is the Bosch unit that the LBZ uses and the V2 even identified it as an LBZ when I connected it. Just wanted to clarify for others that might have the same issue.

Tordne
August 18th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Nothing bullish taken :) But, the LLY controller is supported by FlashScan V1, whereas the LBZ is V2 only as it uses CAN communications protocol.

I've not heard if your scenario :nixweiss:

It is the controller that is more significant that the vehicle for support.

GMPX
August 18th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Just to stop any further confusion, the 2006 LLY's did move to the Bosch controller before the LBZ was released. Though, I don't know of the exact change over period from the old Delphi controller to the Bosch unit.

Cheers,
Ross

chevyspy
August 18th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not to the knowledge level that you guys are but I can tell you that it is a Bosch unit and it does flash as an LBZ ecm with a LLY tune. I installed an agressive tune in it today, WOW what a difference. My only issue is that I get error codes when trying to interact with the Allison module. I think I reset TAPS but still wound up with an error when the V2 tried to power down the TCM,something about not being able to communicate with the vehicle.

GMPX
August 18th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I've forgotten, did they run a 5 or 6 speed trans :redface: :redface:

JoshH
August 18th, 2007, 09:15 PM
6 speed. Tuning an 06 LLY is the same as an LBZ.