PDA

View Full Version : New Member Question -- Scan Tool

chevyspy
August 18th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I successfully connected and downloaded my stock 2006 Duramax LLY tune in to my computer through my V2, a couple questions:

1. I can't get the Scan Tool to work. I turn the ignition on, connect the unit to the truck and then to the laptop and open the scan tool. I then enter the VIN and other information and click ok. The V2 looks like it connects to the ECM fine but when I go to begin logging with the dashboard (have not tried logging raw PID's yet), the Scan Tool software locks up after clicking the yellow or red logging buttons at the bottom of the screen. I have to close the program out and it asks me if I want to send an error report. I have tried to log with the truck running and with it off, ignition in on position, no luck.

2. When looking at my vehicle information in the tuning program, I don't see any transmission parameters at all, do I have the old version with no Allison capability? I checked my software version and everything looks up do date.

Any help would be appreciated.

chevyspy
August 18th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I just installed the update software listed below and updated the firmware in the V2, is this going to help? I guess I will try it again.

EFILive V7.4.2 E67 Update - Aug 03, 2007

Instructions:

Please make sure you have already installed the latest publicly available V7.4.2 software available here:
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#download1

Then download:
http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...667_659_61.zip (3Mb)
http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...667_659_61.md5 (1Kb)
(If desired, use an MD5 checkusm program to verify the downloaded file's MD5 checksum.)

Exit from all EFILive software, then unzip the downloaded file into the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V7. Overwrite existing files.
After the unzip is complete the software version will be V7.4.2 with the build numbers shown below:
Scan Tool: 535
ObdiiV7.dll: 667

Tuning Tool: 659
You can check the build numbers of the software installed on your system using the Help->About menu option in both the Scan Tool and Tuning Tool software.

After installing the software, please update your FlashScan V2 unit with the latest firmware (version 2.4.61) included in this update. FlashScan V1 users do not need to update firmware.

chevyspy
August 18th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Got the scan tool working.

joecar
August 18th, 2007, 07:22 AM
What did you have to do to get it working...?

chevyspy
August 18th, 2007, 02:39 PM
The dashboard is the conflict, if you run the dashboard the system will lock up and you will have to force a close through Windows on the program. If you want to montior PID's just do it through the PID area, not the dashboard. JMO.

JoshH
August 18th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I use the dashboard with my truck all the time. Are you using the LBZ dashboard?

chevyspy
August 19th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I have to read up on it a little more, I can get some gauges in the dashboard to work and some don't. I think it's user error at this point. More to come....

JoshH
August 19th, 2007, 06:03 AM
If you want I can send you the PID and dashboard file I use on my truck.

chevyspy
August 19th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Please do, email is j_abraham@comcast.net. Thank you.

8100 Power
May 8th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Josh. Could you send me the one you use also. I can't get my dashboard to work either,thanks..

jeffreyhunt1@hotmail.com