PDA

View Full Version : Won't Connect to get codes

Nick 02 Z06
August 19th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I've been trying to connect to my wife's 04 V6 Envoy and it won't recognize the pcm. All I'm trying to do is read codes. Getting very frustrated. Tried Autotap and old cable, tried V5, V6, and V7 with EFI Live V1 cable and it won't show me any codes. When I hook it up to my new 07 GMC Sierra it won't do anything either. Granted it has been a couple of years since I tried to use these programs but I spent hours today just trying to connect and I've never had these problems trying to scan a vehicle. When I connected autotap to my corvette, it started reading the pcm right away. Any help greatly appreciated.

Nick

ScarabEpic22
August 19th, 2007, 05:36 PM
OK man, here is your problem. It is an LL8 aka I6 using the P10 controller. Im guessing you are trying to use a Vx controller not the LL8 Inline 6 controller. Use V1, nothing else prior will work. That should work.

Nick 02 Z06
August 20th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the response. I am actually using the inline 6 controller and it still won't connect. It actually says that it's ready but all of the buttons are still grayed out so I can't use them. Doesn't make sense it should atleast let me pull codes with ATap. I wonder if the older versions of EFI live are conflicting with the newer versions.