PDA

View Full Version : Scan Tool won't monitor or record

ForcedTQ
August 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Well folks, it has been a long afternoon and evening getting acquainted with my new software. I have been successful at reading and storing the stock tune from my vehicle, but it the scan program locks-up (not-responding) when i go to monitor or record data.
The software version is EFILive_Scan V7.4.2.exe Build(534), Flash Scan V2. Trying to read data from my 2001 GMC Sierra w/ 5.3. The program will connect (green button top left) to the pcm, but thats it. Are there any other items I missed in the update download section? Anyone else have a similar issue to this? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

joecar
August 19th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Chris, welcome to the forum... :cheers:

Check these things in the scan tool:
- enter your VIN/OS (File->Enter VIN);
- enter your controller (File->Select Controller);
- pids are selected (F8 tab);
- dashboards (F10 tab, A, B, C) must have gauges/charts for those pids;
- press red button (bottom center);

View the Data F9 tab to see if the values are updating (e.g. RPM);

If all of the above are set, try changing the scan mode (Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode) and try again.

ForcedTQ
August 25th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Joecar,
Thanks for the help, I tried all of those things but it seems to have been my USB port not properly communicating with my Flash Scan V2 :bash: . I reinstalled the flash scan drivers and tried a different USB port, restarted my laptop, and like magic it worked. Thanks again, I have attached my first scan for your viewing pleasure. :cheers:

I think that I am going to do a second scan with the correct PID's logged for the transmission, according to your transmission tuning sticky. From the looks of it I believe I should start out trying to tune the appropriate items in the trans first. In the next week or two I am installing an entirely new exhaust: headers, cats (stock cats are shot, keep throwing cat inefficiency DTC's), custom 2.5" y-pipe to 3" mandrel bent exhaust, through a 3" Hooker Aerochamber, and out the right rear corner. :rockon:

joecar
August 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Cool... :cheers:

In the next week I'm removing headers so I can pass visual...:bash: