PDA

View Full Version : EVAP vent solenoid

PSWired
June 6th, 2005, 06:44 AM
I've installed a 2002 6L engine and fuel injection system into my 95 truck including most of the emissions control equipment. However when testing things out it seems that my EVAP vent solenoid isn't working when commanded on using the bidirectional controls in the scan tool. The purge solenoid is working fine. I have power to the solenoid but the PCM will not switch the solenoid to ground. I am nearly certain the wiring is completely intact from the PCM to the solenoid. There is no code being set related to this component either. Is there a known bug regarding the truck OSes (2002 3/4 ton 6.0 4L80e) and this solenoid? I realize there's not much specific information here like OS part numbers but was just wondering if there was a known issue related to this.

Blacky
June 6th, 2005, 09:08 AM
There are no know issues with the evap bidi controls.

Try logging the PID {GM.STATE01} while toggling the evap solenoid with bidirectional controls. Does the EVAPSOL bit in that PID turn on/off?

That will tell you whether or not the PCM thinks it has switched the solenoid or not.

Regards
Paul

PSWired
June 6th, 2005, 10:03 AM
The state bit is set correctly by the bidi controls. I will double check my wiring.