PDA

View Full Version : Tuning my TCM along with my ECM??

Wasted Income
August 20th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Found this on the Dieselplace.com forum:

Q - How many vehicles can I tune with my interface?

A - FlashScan V2 can store up to 221 VIN Licenses – a VIN license can include BOTH ECM and TCM, giving better value for money.

I tuned my LLY Dmax with my V1 Flashscan, and transferred the license to my V2 when I upgraded awhile back. Supposedly, I'm supposed to be able to tune my Allison TCM with the same license as my ECM? I tried to flash my TCM and it asked for a license slot...

What do I need to do to marry my ECM and TCM together under the same license?

Thanks,
Jeff :cheers:

Blacky
August 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM
If you look at the VIN licensing in FlashScan V2 (Help->FlashScan V2 VIN licenses), you'll see two columns of licenses. One for ECMs and one for TCMs. When you license an ECM it uses an available license from the ECM column, when you license a TCM it uses an available license form the TCM column.

There is no need to "match" up ECMs with TCMs. What you get with each FlashScan V2 VIN license is two independant licenses, one that can only be used for ECMs and one that can only be used for TCMs.

Bascially, if you have 2 VIN licenses you could tune 2 engine controllers and 2 trans controllers from 4 different vehicles if you wanted to. Or you could tune both the engine and trans from the same two vehcles - you can mix and match, its your choice.

:cheers:

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
August 20th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Great! Thank you, I'll check it out! :rockon: