PDA

View Full Version : Custom OS

Gelf VXR
August 20th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I noticed my OS number doesnt match any of those in the Pdf upgrading OS tutorials from Efilive (Just looking for now, I want to get a twin screw, later on)

Os = 12596734
Calibration = 12596733 version = 7.20
Os id = AA
Bcc = YKWB

Thanks

Andy

joecar
August 21st, 2007, 04:43 AM
Andy, welcome to the forum... :cheers:

If your current OS number doesn't match any listed, then you have to "migrate" to one of the ones listed.

What year/model car do you have...?

GMPX
August 21st, 2007, 10:00 AM
Andy, what year / model have you got there?

Cheers,
Ross

Gelf VXR
August 21st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome, its a 2005 Monaro VXR (Vauxhall) E40 PCM

World Manufacturer Index 6G1 General Motors Chevrolet - Australia
Year of manufacture 5 2005
Model Z VZ Series
Engine U Gen-IV LS2
Engine size U 6.0 litre V8
Body 1 Coupe
Luxury X Calais
Restraints 4 Manual Belts With driver & passenger & side inflatable restraints
Plant L Adelaide (Elizabeth)
Sequence 398201 398201

Also after reading the PCM calibration I get a fault U0121, communication lost with the traction control module. Is this normal or do i have a real fault?

GMPX
August 22nd, 2007, 10:02 AM
I forgot, on the E40 when you load a stock OS up there will be a new tab "Upgrade OS". Open that, click on the Apply Upgrade button, full flash and you are good to go.

Sometimes DTC's do come up after reading or programming, however, EFILive should be clearing them automatically. Are you able to manually clear that code?

Cheers,
Ross

Gelf VXR
August 22nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
I forgot, on the E40 when you load a stock OS up there will be a new tab "Upgrade OS". Open that, click on the Apply Upgrade button, full flash and you are good to go.

Sometimes DTC's do come up after reading or programming, however, EFILive should be clearing them automatically. Are you able to manually clear that code?

Cheers,
Ross

I'll try to clear the code.

Yes Ive seen that option, can you choice which custom OS to upgrade to?