PDA

View Full Version : Virtual VE table update?

Ed@Late Model Speed
August 21st, 2007, 03:29 AM
Any word on the release of the virtual VE tables update? just curious if beta testing went OK. I'm kind of antsy to try a 2 bar VEtune:Eyecrazy:

Ed

GMPX
August 21st, 2007, 10:56 AM
Hi Ed, everything seems to be going fine, just a couple of little things we needed to fix up.
We also added in locking for the E38 / E67. This will be in the Virtual VE update release so just a little bit of testing for that and it's all good to go. I'd say by the weekend it should be posted up.

Cheers,
Ross

Ed@Late Model Speed
August 21st, 2007, 02:20 PM
Sounds good Ross!
Here's a couple pics of the car that's been sitting on the other side of my shop laughing at me for the last couple weeks:muahaha:

It's already made 625 RWHP on 6 PSI, with the MAF, but it has some driveability issues I would like to sort out
Ed

Redline Motorsports
August 21st, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ed,

Is that a P1-SC? Stock motor, stock manifolds?

Howard

GMPX
August 21st, 2007, 04:04 PM
Sounds good Ross!
Here's a couple pics of the car that's been sitting on the other side of my shop laughing at me for the last couple weeks:muahaha:

It's already made 625 RWHP on 6 PSI, with the MAF, but it has some driveability issues I would like to sort out
Ed

Making me jealous doesn't help Ed ;)

Ed@Late Model Speed
August 21st, 2007, 11:38 PM
Making me jealous doesn't help Ed ;)

no, really, I can literally hear it laughing at me......

Howard, yes P1-SC-1, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, 3" x-pipe w/highflow cats
I think it's pretty similar to yours.

Ed

Redline Motorsports
August 22nd, 2007, 02:41 PM
Awesome.

Numbers sound right in line.

Here was mine on 4.0 psi.

What kind of drivability issues are you having? Are you using 60 lb Motrons?

How are you coolant temps?

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/5271/pczo6dynocb6.jpg

Ed@Late Model Speed
August 23rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Nice! you're making about the same as ours with 2 lbs less boost! Good job

yep, 60lb Motrons, coolant temps are 185-190 but I haven't driven it real hard. It does have a 160 stat. I'm real happy with everything, except, on cold start it's fine for 2-3 sec, then goes super lean (19.0-20.0:1:Eyecrazy: ) for about 30-45 seconds, no trottle response, almost dies, then it smooths out and everythings fine? This is only on startup, whether it's cold from overnight, or re-start after sitting for 5 min.
I can drive the car normally, or get into boost at will, and it never so much as hiccups any time, but that deal on startup makes it act like an old big block with no choke!

Any thoughts?

Redline Motorsports
August 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Ed,

I would be interested at looking your tune and we can talk "offline". I'd love to help you with this.

Howard

Ed@Late Model Speed
August 24th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Ed,

I would be interested at looking your tune and we can talk "offline". I'd love to help you with this.

Howard

I would really like that, I PM'd you my cell #
Thanks,
Ed

Black02SS
August 25th, 2007, 01:08 AM
It looks as though EFILive has made a match... :lol:

GMPX
August 25th, 2007, 10:50 PM
It looks as though EFILive has made a match... :lol:

Oh dear, move on folks, nothing to see here :eek:

ItzNota
October 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Nice! you're making about the same as ours with 2 lbs less boost! Good job

yep, 60lb Motrons, coolant temps are 185-190 but I haven't driven it real hard. It does have a 160 stat. I'm real happy with everything, except, on cold start it's fine for 2-3 sec, then goes super lean (19.0-20.0:1:Eyecrazy: ) for about 30-45 seconds, no trottle response, almost dies, then it smooths out and everythings fine? This is only on startup, whether it's cold from overnight, or re-start after sitting for 5 min.
I can drive the car normally, or get into boost at will, and it never so much as hiccups any time, but that deal on startup makes it act like an old big block with no choke!

Any thoughts?

Although I am not 100% done with my tune, I am experiencing this...was the solution to this problem relatively simple?
Could you shine some light?

Thanks,
Michael

swingtan
October 27th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I used to get this, it went so lean at times it simply stalled. I fixed it using 2 methods.

1: Get the VVE right

2: Adjust B0141 and B0143 to the general settings you want. Finally adjust B0146 for the final desired AFR's when cold.

I found the second step had the most impact on stopping the "supper lean after cold start" issue.

Simon