PDA

View Full Version : Injector Duty Cycle??

Ponch
August 21st, 2007, 05:12 AM
First off, i am a newbie and just starting to understand all this so bare with me.

I selected the PIDs that I want to monitor but for some reason, I do not have the option of monitor fuel injector duty cycle.

Car is a 2005 C6 A4

Thanks,

Patrick

joecar
August 21st, 2007, 06:07 AM
Patrick, welcome to the forum... :cheers:

On the pids tab:
1. uncheck the Supported box;
2. click twice on the column heading "Parameters" to sort on that column;
3. look down that column for CALC.INJDC1 and CALC.INJDC2;
4. select these (they don't occupy any channels so you're not exceeding 24 channels/frame).

(If you use 24 or less channels, then logging rate per pid will be 10 times/sec...
if you exceed 24 channels, then logging rate per pid will be less).

(note: the CALC.INJnDC pids are not for your vehicle)

Ponch
August 21st, 2007, 06:13 AM
I did exactly what you suggested but when I go to "connect" I am prompted with a message stating some PIDs are not supported....would you like to continue?

joecar
August 21st, 2007, 07:39 AM
Try this: right click on each of those 2 pids to see which other pids they depend on, and select these other pids.

1meangto
August 21st, 2007, 08:35 AM
You may need the latest version download make sure you have the latest updates. then the idc should automatically come up when you select the e40 controller.

Ponch
August 21st, 2007, 08:47 AM
I just purchased my V2 a couple of days ago. Will i already need to download a newer version?

mr.prick
August 21st, 2007, 10:08 AM
I just purchased my V2 a couple of days ago. Will i already need to download a newer version?
yes

Ninety8C5
August 21st, 2007, 10:17 AM
Did you connect to the vehicle and go to 'Info' in the Scan Tool and validate PIDS (Shift+F2)?

1meangto
August 21st, 2007, 04:05 PM
When I got mine it wasn't the newest version.

GMPX
August 22nd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Guys, unfortunately you can't always be assured you are getting the latest hot out of the oven package. Keep in mind many of our resellers keep stock on the shelf. Does this mean you are getting some old dusty unit?, not really, it's no different to buying a new DVD player, it might have been built 3 months prior to hitting the shelves.

Cheers,
Ross

Ponch
August 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Problem fixed after loading up the software updates...

I was watching my tps % and at wide open throttle it was a consistant 88%....is that normal? I was expecting something higher.

The Alchemist
August 24th, 2007, 08:06 AM
normal

Gelf VXR
September 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Try this: right click on each of those 2 pids to see which other pids they depend on, and select these other pids.

I'm interested in finding out which pids depend on others, how does right clicking show this?

kbracing96
September 9th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I'm interested in finding out which pids depend on others, how does right clicking show this?

Right click on the pid and select "more info" if its available will tell you if that pid relies on other pids to work.

Gelf VXR
September 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Right click on the pid and select "more info" if its available will tell you if that pid relies on other pids to work.

I thought that was probably the answer, i checked many off them and could not find this feature. Hopefully this will be part of the next upgrade already mentioned with BB