PDA

View Full Version : Stock 2.2l 98 S-10

trudynosports
August 23rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
Since were still waiting on calibration files, if anyone has a stock calibration from a 98 S-10 2.2l that did not have an EGR please post for me. I need to delete the EGR on one and would like to just flash the factory file from one that did not come with it. I know that some in 98 and 99 at least did not have EGR. Thanks,

wait4me
August 27th, 2007, 03:12 AM
If you email me the tune file, i will send you a calibration file to put in so you can edit it yourself. :)

trudynosports
August 27th, 2007, 05:03 AM
If you email me the tune file, i will send you a calibration file to put in so you can edit it yourself. :)

Thanks,

I think I sent you a couple a week back, I'll resend them. What email should I be using? Thanks,

wait4me
August 27th, 2007, 07:52 AM
File sent.
::))

trudynosports
August 27th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks,

Got another one for you too if you've got the time. I'll send another email.

Thanks again,

trudynosports
August 28th, 2007, 04:13 AM
I tried to flash truck and got bootloader failed. Tried in slow mode and same thing. Test fails the same way. I'm not sure what's going on but the PCM will read just fine. Any ideas?

wait4me
August 28th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Last time i saw that, i just had to pull a radio fuse and it worked perfectly.

Boost
September 12th, 2007, 06:38 AM
So does that mean that we can flash a vehicle even if after the read it says "Unrecognised PCM"?

wait4me
September 13th, 2007, 04:57 PM
if you can read it, you can write to it. But efilivetune will need to have an operating system put into the calibrations folder first before it will let you flash it back in. That error just means that you dont have the os system yet.

JST
July 27th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I tried to flash truck and got bootloader failed. Tried in slow mode and same thing. Test fails the same way. I'm not sure what's going on but the PCM will read just fine. Any ideas?

x2 reject the bootloader

JST
July 27th, 2008, 03:07 AM
if you can read it, you can write to it. But efilivetune will need to have an operating system put into the calibrations folder first before it will let you flash it back in. That error just means that you dont have the os system yet.

I can read it,I can wight it,I have your os,reject the bootloader ??? pulled all fuses

JST
July 27th, 2008, 03:08 AM

Did you get it going ?

JST
July 27th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Need licensed WTF i have a linens for it ? this sucks bad

Boost
August 2nd, 2008, 02:24 AM
Try Downy.... ;)

slows10
July 5th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Isnt this close to the same problem im having? I started a thread today in the general section. bSame year pcm same year truck same problem. I can read the pcm fine but thats it. says its not recognized when trying to write to it. Did this post ever get resolved, any updates? thanks.

joecar
July 5th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I pm'd Tech Support on your other thread, and I linked them to this one also.

slows10
July 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM
thanks joecar. We are going to try the prerealease update that was posted today. Hopefully it will work.