PDA

View Full Version : valet mode

vortecfcar
August 23rd, 2007, 03:25 AM
In order to use the valet mode on the DSP5 OS, must the DSP2 switch be wired to the signal and the ground in the ECM?

Nick

jimter
August 23rd, 2007, 08:01 AM
I have also wondered if you could use any ground source available to you or, must it be the one on the ECM listed in the documentation. :nixweiss:

When I wired mine, I did it just like the print says because I didn’t wont to take the micro-pack plug back apart and run more wire if it didn’t work.

lakingslayer
August 30th, 2007, 08:48 AM
It is recommended to wire it to the ECM ground. This is what the the ECM signals are based on. If you use another ground it may have a different potential than the ECM ground.

Now it probably will work not using the ECM ground depending on the quality of the ground you use. Mine does.

vortecfcar
September 4th, 2007, 06:00 AM
hmmm, I was thinking along simlar lines. Guys not using the ECM ground seem to be having trouble. Just curious if this solved it for anybody.

Thanks Kingslayer

GMPX
September 4th, 2007, 09:41 AM
By using the ECM ground you are ensuring the pin is grounded to the same potential the ECM is at. I don't know the exact switching threshold on the ECM inputs, but, if you connect to a ground with a different potential it might not switch the pin low enough to trigger the input to change state.

Cheers,
Ross

vortecfcar
September 5th, 2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks Ross, I appreciate the help.

Nick