PDA

View Full Version : A little bummed about V2 EFI Live and Duramax

chevyspy
August 23rd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Just getting used to EFI Live and tuning/datalogging. From what I have discovered so far, one of the things that bothers me is that I am not able to log any transmission parameters while logging engine stuff. I am assuming this is becuase the truck has two seperate modules administering duties to each component.

When I load the ECM PID's , everything to monitor transmission is "x'ed" out. Is there a trick to do this? I would at least like to see what gear the truck is in while monitoring the engine PID's.

Tordne
August 23rd, 2007, 02:30 PM
This is a valid issue and is a current limitation in the V7 software. We intend to resolve this issue in the version 8 (V8) software release. I'm not sure if it is possible to implement this any sooner than that I'm afraid.

chevyspy
August 23rd, 2007, 11:36 PM
No problem, thanks for the update.

turbo lcc
August 24th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Is V8 still scheduled for 2008 or will we see it sooner?

Tordne
August 24th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Coming into September I'm going to say with some confidence that it will not be this year I'm afraid :bawl:

JoshH
August 24th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Andrew, is v8 going to have standalone capabilities? Also, should be expect to see more tables for LBZ tuning when v8 is released or would that be coming later?

Tordne
August 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Standalone capabilities are a V2 thing and are for the most part independent of the FlashScan software version. As far as I am aware standalone capability is expected well before V8.

Ross posed this (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6030) earlier which mentions a refresh of calibrations including the LBZ.

JoshH
August 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info, Andrew.