PDA

View Full Version : 99 ls1 tune

Jakes4321
August 23rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
This is my first real attempt at tuning and was looking for a little help. I bought this car and was told there was a tune but I think they just changed for gear ratio.
Well the mods to car are a catback,ported tb,lid and 4.10's. So anyone like to help point me in the right direction?
Thanks for all your help.

macca_779
August 25th, 2007, 01:03 AM
This is my first real attempt at tuning and was looking for a little help. I bought this car and was told there was a tune but I think they just changed for gear ratio.
Well the mods to car are a catback,ported tb,lid and 4.10's. So anyone like to help point me in the right direction?
Thanks for all your help.

Well your low RPM PE is a bit rich running 11.7. If anything you can get away with being around 12.8. Your WOT timing is quite high if your still running the stock cam. Hell people think I'm keen running 26 degrees. Try around 23 mate

I quickly threw this together for you to have a look at. Review what I changed with the compare tool and give it a run and let me know how it goes.

Cheers Macca

Jakes4321
August 25th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks alot.....I will give it a try

Jakes4321
August 27th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Car seems to be running much smoother!!! When I get on the gas it feels much crisper. As soon as I get a chance I will post some logs. Thanks Macca

SSpdDmon
August 27th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I probably would have done something like this for a stock cam'd car.

**AFR @ WOT needs to be checked with WBO2.**

macca_779
August 27th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Car seems to be running much smoother!!! When I get on the gas it feels much crisper. As soon as I get a chance I will post some logs. Thanks Macca

Most welcome mate. It was only a very quick revision I did utilising some of the data I use in my base tunes. There is plenty left in it that's for sure.